and what are the risks if any? data loss, etc...?

i have a 8830 WE and the trackball is acting funny so i took advantage of my Asurion insurance through Verizon and my new 8830 is arriving today!

I back up almost daily using BB Desktop 4.5 and i have OS V4.2.2.196 on my actual phone.

So, I have to return my defected 8830 once i receive my new one, but of course after i transfer everything over. 3rd party software, sms, address book, calendar, etc... What are the correct steps in loaded my new phone up top be exactly like my defected phone.. does desktop manager do it all automated or do i have to rollback the OS. any tips would be helpful

thanks
    Last edited by jbsandiego; 07-08-08 at 11:54 AM.
    07-08-08 11:44 AM
    In DM there is an icon called switch device wizard,
    that will move most if not all of your stuff from one
    device to the other.
    07-08-08 11:49 AM
    good looking out man^ is there anything else i need to know. does it back up all software and everything..and does it even write new os over the old one ?
    07-08-08 01:42 PM
    I know that is moves contacts, messages, addresses etc... It's been a while since I used it so I'm not THAT sure about apps but I think so. I don't remember having to reinstall anything.

It will not affect your OS at all. So no it will not overwrite a new OS onto an older one
    07-08-08 01:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD