What's the easiest and fastest and free way to tether a BB? I don't care if it takes some time to set up and first but after that I want to be able to just click a few things and be online.
    04-18-09 09:39 AM
    do a search there are about 20 threads on this exact same topic
    04-18-09 09:44 AM
    do a search there are about 20 threads on this exact same topic
    ALready did. I didn't find any easy free ways to tether.
    04-18-09 10:08 AM
    When you say "free", do you mean using data for free, or just a program that does it all for you?
    04-18-09 10:14 AM
    I think that he is looking for something that does it all for you. I wouldnot mind having somethinglike that also. I tried one of the threds that had a play by play, but I couldn't get it to work, and I am pretty good with computers

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-18-09 10:28 AM
    Tmobile offers it free, but i'm pretty sure u have to jump thru hoops to do it. I have heard that the thread tmobile alive works well once u get it up. I'm fairly certain it's complicated but it does work and uses your phone for an internet connection. I don't think u will find an "easy" way to tether, especially seeing how it's free. But it's possible.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/its...=tmobile+alive
    04-18-09 10:45 AM
    I think that he is looking for something that does it all for you. I wouldnot mind having somethinglike that also. I tried one of the threds that had a play by play, but I couldn't get it to work, and I am pretty good with computers

Free meaning a free program that sets it up for you. on my iphone I use pdanet and i have a program on the iphone and a client on the computer and to go online I just have to open the program on the phone and then click connect on my computer. I want it that easy on the blackberry and i will not pay $60 for tetherberry.
    04-18-09 12:55 PM
    Tmobile offers it free, but i'm pretty sure u have to jump thru hoops to do it. I have heard that the thread tmobile alive works well once u get it up. I'm fairly certain it's complicated but it does work and uses your phone for an internet connection. I don't think u will find an "easy" way to tether, especially seeing how it's free. But it's possible.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/its...=tmobile+alive
    That is the method I used to use on my 8100 but it's a major PITA to setup.
    04-18-09 12:57 PM
    Not exactly free but if you are on a ******** provider that asks absolutely rediculous fees to thether a computer to your wireless internet, PDANet for BB is great.
    04-18-09 02:37 PM
    Where can you get pdanet for blackberry? I just got my new 8900!

04-18-09 02:47 PM
    Be careful which ever way you go. Some kid posted on here about a week ago where he purchased some software and thought he was tethering for free then his dad got an enormous bill, well over a thousand dollars.
    04-18-09 04:01 PM
    Where can you get pdanet for blackberry? I just got my new 8900!

PdaNet -- Use your BlackBerry as a USB Modem
    04-18-09 05:34 PM
    I've tethered on my old blackberry and on my iphone and on my gw and there were never any extra charges. Tmobile allows tethering. Thanks for the link. Ill check it out later when I get home.

04-18-09 05:39 PM
    Tried version 1.20 on my Verizon Wireless 8330. The connection speed was slow. After a minute, only a portion of the web page loaded. This was a site that contained text, with little or no graphics. I gave up on the more intense sites.

04-19-09 12:18 AM
    Tried version 1.20 on my Verizon Wireless 8330. The connection speed was slow. After a minute, only a portion of the web page loaded. This was a site that contained text, with little or no graphics. I gave up on the more intense sites.

oh, I'm not having any problems. It's plenty fast and works great.
    04-19-09 03:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD