What if every BlackBerry user buys another bb10 phone to a friend/wife/son/daugther etc.. or even the ones that can afford it, to them all?
    Wouldn't it make a significative improvement in market share and sales?
    Wouldn't that also make developers to see bb10 as an interesting Os to develop for, since it's growing in sales?
    I started that already buying a z30 and give my z10 to my wife
    I am even thinking to buy a leap for my wife and give the z10 to my niece. Also, giving it to new people who actually never owned a phone, I think that also could make more people fan of bb.

Posted via CB10
    ptpete likes this.
    07-14-15 08:12 PM
    Or they could simply advertise...if they were in fact aiming for the consumer market.
    07-14-15 08:14 PM
    Yes, but I was just thinking that we as community could add out own grain of sand.

Posted via CB10
    07-14-15 08:18 PM
    Yes, but I was just thinking that we as community could add out own grain of sand.

Posted via CB10
    Why, is Blackberry paying you? Chen could buy an entire town a Blackberry with his salary and get some sales that way. Did they offer people a refund who paid $500 or even some type of credit for the Playbook when they killed it? Blackberry isn't some charity, they are a business and if they want help they need to help themselves.
    07-14-15 08:24 PM
    Or lower the delivery price to carriers right at beginning, simply share profits with carriers to let carriers push for sales, like offer incentives to the kiosk sales people. It is pathetic to drop the market price a couple of months later, because of poor sales #. Why don't do it at beginning to attract more customers and keep carriers on your side? When was the last time we heard the sales people recommend you a BlackBerry?

Posted via CB10
    07-14-15 08:28 PM
    Maybe you could start a GoFundMe page for BBRY
    FF22, Blacklatino, TgeekB and 2 others like this.
    07-14-15 08:34 PM
    Or a walk a thon
    07-14-15 08:38 PM
    0.3% would become 0.6%, ...right... ?

Posted via CB10
    07-14-15 08:39 PM
    Double post
    07-14-15 08:40 PM
    0.3% would become 0.6%, ...right... ?

Posted via CB10
    Yeah that's the idea, and also would make happy a relative

Posted via CB10
    07-14-15 08:43 PM
    Double post
    So, are you trying to see if his idea would help CB?
    07-14-15 08:44 PM
    Threads like these not only make me sad, but also makes BlackBerry and all of their users look bad.

All of those people out there in the world who can't afford shelter or food and we have posters here wanting to donate to a multi-billion dollar corporation. Truly sad.

Hey OP, instead of spending a few hundred dollars buying someone a phone that they don't want and won't like, why don't you give that money to a homeless shelter or donate it to an animal rescue fund?

Wouldn't either of those two options be a much better use of the money?
    07-14-15 08:50 PM
    So, are you trying to see if his idea would help CB?
    Extra posts = extra ad revenue 😁
    07-14-15 09:03 PM
    Who is even thinking in donate money? When I bought a new z30, I did it to upgrade my old z10, and instead of selling it in eBay and gave it to my wife, who was having her ugly moto g.
    And, wouldn't it be off topic to start a discussion in a blackberry discussion forum to start a thread about poverty around the world?

Posted via CB10
    07-14-15 09:03 PM
    Threads like these not only make me sad, but also makes BlackBerry and all of their users look bad.

All of those people out there in the world who can't afford shelter or food and we have posters here wanting to donate to a multi-billion dollar corporation. Truly sad.

Hey OP, instead of spending a few hundred dollars buying someone a phone that they don't want and won't like, why don't you give that money to a homeless shelter or donate it to an animal rescue fund?

Wouldn't either of those two options be a much better use of the money?
    I really doubt Non BlackBerry users read these threads. Forums are meant for off the wall topics and doesn't make BlackBerry look bad.

While it's a good idea to give to people in need, I can't find a reason not to purchase something for loved ones. What's wrong with improving the lives of the people you care about? If it happens to be a BlackBerry, so be it. I've done it twice and it's the gift that keeps giving.

'BB POWERED' C001C1D66
    07-14-15 09:26 PM
    Who is even thinking in donate money? When I bought a new z30, I did it to upgrade my old z10, and instead of selling it in eBay and gave it to my wife, who was having her ugly moto g.
    And, wouldn't it be off topic to start a discussion in a blackberry discussion forum to start a thread about poverty around the world?

Posted via CB10
    Yes it would be off topic, but you do realize that Blackberry is sitting a a couple of billions of dollars of cash right? They aren't standing in lines at soup kitchens.
    Blacklatino and Bonnie Bonzai like this.
    07-14-15 09:28 PM
    I really doubt Non BlackBerry users read these threads. Forums are meant for off the wall topics and doesn't make BlackBerry look bad.

While it's a good idea to give to people in need, I can't find a reason not to purchase something for loved ones. What's wrong with improving the lives of the people you care about? If it happens to be a BlackBerry, so be it. I've done it twice and it's the gift that keeps giving.

'BB POWERED' C001C1D66
    I agree that giving a Blackberry to a family member that wants one or is willing to try on is a good idea, but the notion of let's all chip in and give to every one we know is really pushing it.
    kirson likes this.
    07-14-15 09:29 PM
    Very simple, but good. Long time ago similar action almost save BMW company.
    07-14-15 11:44 PM
    What if every BlackBerry user buys another bb10 phone to a friend/wife/son/daugther etc.. or even the ones that can afford it, to them all?
    Wouldn't that also make developers to see bb10 as an interesting Os to develop for, since it's growing in sales?
    I am even thinking to buy a leap for my wife and give the z10 to my niece. Also, giving it to new people who actually never owned a phone, I think that also could make more people fan of bb.

Posted via CB10
    You do realize that Blackberry is a billion dollar company, right?

Posted via CB10
    07-14-15 11:58 PM

Posted via CB10
    I have spent quite a bit of money on bb products in the last five years. Didn't seem to help in terms of helping them find a correct product direction.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    07-15-15 12:13 AM
    Sell it to Saudi or Qatar or uae, unlimited funding for life!

Posted via CB10
    07-15-15 12:45 AM
    I've actually given away a lot (>25) of my personal new unlocked Z10, Z30, and Passports to people who I felt would be great brand ambassadors. It's helped a little bit, but in the end it didn't really do quite enough except help people start great conversations. I originally wanted to fund some clever viral videos to help BlackBerry, but decided that I would rather use the money to help their sales and try to get word of mouth in the real world to encourage more sales.

I've since given up on this approach, and will simply wait for the slider to come out with Android (even though I really want a high end 4.7" all touch.) I love BlackBerry 10 enough to spend significant amounts on them but I also realize that at this point having the Android OS and Google Services with the bare bones BlackBerry 10 UI elements skinned on top may be the best way to get people interested again.

Posted via CB10
    07-15-15 01:10 AM
    I think your wife will love you much more if you buy her a brand new Red Passport. And, what do you know, it would also help BlackBerry. Talking about killing 2 birds with a single stone.

Posted via CB10
    07-15-15 04:51 AM

Posted via CB10
    They need to buy more like 60-90 each and then spend as much as the average iOS user on apps to get to number two, which is where they probably need to be. I'm thinking that may be a bit much to expect.

07-15-15 05:26 AM
    They need to buy more like 60-90 each and then spend as much as the average iOS user on apps to get to number two, which is where they probably need to be. I'm thinking that may be a bit much to expect.

And repeat that every quarter. Sustainability, you know...

Posted from BlackBerry Classic, Verizon, no camera, 10.3.2.2205
    GadgetTravel likes this.
    07-15-15 05:41 AM
71 123