So take Flash out of 10.3.1 and when you try to login to webcast your get this:

Earnings webcast requires Flash?!?-img_20150327_082231.png

Yet another BlackBerry botch job! Wonder if the PlayBook's out of date Flash would have worked. Seriously how can BlackBerry expect anyone to take them seriously when they can't execute anything?

Posted via CB10
    1magine, Davidro1, 1Criz and 2 others like this.
    03-27-15 07:42 AM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150327_082231.png 
Views:	1855 
Size:	17.5 KB 
ID:	344088

Yet another BlackBerry botch job! Wonder if the PlayBook's out of date Flash would have worked. Seriously how can BlackBerry expect anyone to take them seriously when they can't execute anything?

Posted via CB10
    Dude - go to another platform. You clearly hate anything and everything about every single solitary thing they do.

You'll be happier someone else. The endless bemoaning is doing nothing.
    sk8er_tor, web99 and habs_fan like this.
    03-27-15 07:45 AM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150327_082231.png 
Views:	1855 
Size:	17.5 KB 
ID:	344088

Posted via CB10

Dude - go to another platform. You clearly hate anything and everything about every single solitary thing they do.

Well, tbh it would be pretty funny if they kill flash, but don't have another way to let BB users watch their stream.

Leaving the "complaining" aside, it has a certain irony that makes me laugh.
    I might just have a sick sense of humour though, who knows.
    jmr1015 and 1magine like this.
    03-27-15 08:08 AM
    This would be high on the list of "things that would make blood shoot out of Steve Jobs eyes if he were still alive and Apple did this."

Posted via CB10
    03-27-15 08:14 AM
    Considering that the webcast is done by a third party, is BlackBerry really to blame?
    sk8er_tor and yessuz like this.
    03-27-15 08:19 AM

Dude.
    Earnings webcast requires Flash?!?-big-lebowski-di.jpg
    I use one phone and it is BlackBerry and has been for years. Most here likely can't claim that as I see even the die hards with their beloved Passports carry and iPhone around. Yes I'm very critical of the company because I am their customer and they need to learn about customer satisfaction or they will never be anything. I have been able to tune into these events from my phone since BB10 was launched, no scratch that since the PlayBook was launched. All they had to do was convert the stream to a format that all BB10 devices can see and it would be fine. It is things like this though that show a complete lack of commitment to your product line and your customers.

Posted via CB10
    TGR1, 1magine and mikeo007 like this.
    03-27-15 08:19 AM
    03-27-15 08:20 AM
    they need to learn about customer satisfaction or they will never be anything.
    I agree completely.

But that's not the point. All you ever do here is ***** and moan and complain and gripe about the terribleness of anything and everything.

Do you mutter about the horrible ways of John Chen while intimate with your spouse too? Do you wake up in the morning and spew venom about what awful things John Chen must have done while you were sleeping?

Come on already. If life is so awful, move on.
    03-27-15 08:41 AM
    i do find it funny since i heard them mention on the call you could hear the webcast from your phone
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    03-27-15 08:44 AM
    I could care less about having Flash, my point is that if the phones don't support without side loading things, then have the streaming company for the webcast migrate to a technology that works with the BB10 phones running 10.3.1 out of the box.

Posted via CB10
    1magine likes this.
    03-27-15 08:53 AM
    I agree completely.

But that's not the point. All you ever do here is ***** and moan and complain and gripe about the terribleness of anything and everything.

Do you mutter about the horrible ways of John Chen while intimate with your spouse too? Do you wake up in the morning and spew venom about what awful things John Chen must have done while you were sleeping?

Come on already. If life is so awful, move on.
    No actually the point of the thread is that the webcast doesn't work on BB10 phones without side loading extras. You tried to make it about me, but the title isn't about me, it is about the webcast. Your fanboyism though dictates you attack the person rather than address the issue!

Posted via CB10
    03-27-15 08:56 AM
    This would be high on the list of "things that would make blood shoot out of Steve Jobs eyes if he were still alive and Apple did this."

Posted via CB10
    Lol. That's so true. Visually, not that hard to imagine actually. Imagine...Steve Jobs...the Zombie. Except he'd be eating Android, Windows, and BlackBerry user brains only.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-15 09:00 AM

He is right. What the hell blackberry was thinking with remowing flash, and then to watch their conference you need to have flash. It's just plain stupid.

Posted via my Q10
    Crapshoot2010 likes this.
    03-27-15 09:00 AM
    Why don't you go and voice your complaint to Nasdaq because they're the ones streaming the conference call.
    sleepngbear likes this.
    03-27-15 09:15 AM
    Bla1ze, sure there is other ways, however BlackBerry should at least make it accessible via their own web browser, no?

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2558
    03-27-15 09:18 AM
    OP has a point! It is funny when you look at it. Even if a third party was hosting the event- BB should of made sure that this would run on their products. Remember, some of us only use BB-devices and we are not always in front of a PC; so, they rely on their mobile device to complete simple tasks. I am not bashing BB, but, from a consumer stand point there is irony in this...
    03-27-15 10:00 AM
    Whether it's provided by a third party or not...it wasn't very well thought out.
    03-27-15 10:07 AM
    Flash is dead though....isn't it? Lol. Just side load the work around someone has posted here in the forums. It's the BB10 browser with flash.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-15 10:12 AM
    BlackBerry is focusing on business. This was a major BlackBerry business event . Business 101, make sure your product is presented in the best light possible. They knew there would be webcasts and reporters there. BlackBerry reps should have been there talking to everyone with equipment and tech support making sure everything went smoothly. Instead BlackBerry did their usual thing of handing out ammunition and putting a big target on them selves. No tech support and reporters highlighting known predicted losses. When well they learn and get ahead of predictable problems

Posted via CB10
    Crapshoot2010 and Katika99 like this.
    03-27-15 10:54 AM
    Bla1ze, sure there is other ways, however BlackBerry should at least make it accessible via their own web browser, no?

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2558
    It would probably be a good idea LOL.
    MarsupilamiX and tufcustomer like this.
    03-27-15 12:23 PM
    It would probably be a good idea LOL.
    Hahaha...
    03-27-15 01:04 PM
    I brought this up in the chat room on the last ER because I was using an earlier leak of 10.3.1 and noticed it. It's very ironic that no one at BB ever picked up on this. And yes, Steve Jobs would have been very upset of something like this because he cared about Apple getting the smallest details right.
    Davidro1 likes this.
    03-27-15 01:11 PM
    Leave already!

Posted via CB10
    03-27-15 01:11 PM
    Flash is dead though....isn't it? Lol. Just side load the work around someone has posted here in the forums. It's the BB10 browser with flash.

Posted via CB10
    Exactly - who uses Flash anymore?

.....What? You don't say...

90% of streaming content on the web is still Flash based? Well who knew?

Seems like Flash is still alive, maybe some other technology is dying out. Has any other technology had it's market share drop from a majority to 1-2%?

Hmmmm....that's a tough one. Nope, none that I can think of.
    tufcustomer and DJRikko like this.
    03-27-15 01:15 PM
    Here's the MP3 heh - http://bla1ze.me/19q57lC
    lnichols likes this.
    03-27-15 02:40 PM
44 12