I know a lot of you have been trying to get the E-Trade Mobile Pro app working on your 4.5.x devices. Here is the solution.

Click on this link FROM YOUR BB:

https://mobile.etrade.com/mobilepro/...eMobilePro.jad

Install as normal. When the application tries to restart the phone to complete installation, you will get an error. Ignore it and do a battery pull and you will be good to go. Working fine for me on my 8310 running 4.5.0.44.

Credit to this thread on Pinstack: E-trade mobile pro - PinStack.com - BlackBerry forums

Hope this helps.
    08-07-08 02:00 PM
    is that link valid for 4.2 operating system, i.e. is it the "normal" etrade mobile download link?
    08-08-08 05:58 AM
    Yes, I believe it is.
    08-08-08 09:31 AM
    i keep getting HTTP Error 500
    08-08-08 11:25 AM
    ok i finally got it to work its great i have been waiting on this ever since it was released but i was running 4.5 so it did not work untill now thanks alot great find.
    08-08-08 12:42 PM
    I can't download this app to save my life!! I've gone to both etrade.com/mobile and mobile.etrade.com. The page comes up fragmented, I'm not sure if I have my curve set to properly display the page but I can't seem to find the download mobile pro link. Then I've tried to navigate to this page so I can click on the link in the original post for an OTA download. But when I go to crackberry.com, I get the toolbar at the top and then a listing of the most recent postings. No matter what I click thats all it displays. Any ideas?
    08-08-08 03:57 PM
    i am having the very same problem rajiv. i got as far as the page loading via BB home page to applications to finance to etrade to download, then i just get a blank page which stays there forever. let me know if you find a solution.
    08-08-08 07:38 PM
    i get to a blank screen that says "mobile_overview" in the top left corner, and the rest of the screen is blank and cannot scroll anywhere. anyone have the solution? i am on OS 4.2, does that matter? where do i get 4.5 and is it better?
    08-08-08 07:53 PM
    well I think I figured it out. I went to general browser options as i felt I just didn't have the browser configured properly. So go to the browser, then options, then configuration. I checked the following boxes: support java script, terminate slow running scripts, support html tables, use foreground and background colors, use background images, support embedded media and support style sheets. The "show images" is set to wml and html, emulation mode is blackberry and content mode is set as wml&html. Then i went back to the etrade page and it worked fine.
    08-09-08 09:34 AM
    i wiped my bb and i needed this
    08-12-08 01:59 AM
    needed it again
    08-26-08 07:26 PM
    That's strange I managed to install it, but the applications cannot connect to the server. I get the Error code that says that could not establish connection, I have tried several times at different days and nothing.
    Anyone having this same problem?
    09-19-08 06:15 PM
    Yes, I'm having the same issue.
    10-07-08 08:33 PM
    Keep trying to download to my 8330 Sprint Curve and it says not available for my device? Any ideas?
    10-27-08 09:10 PM
    Ok, it worked.. but now when I run the application I get an error that e-trade mobile can't access the internet.
    10-27-08 09:46 PM
    Hi,
    When I click on the link I keep getting a 404 error, access denied or something.
    Did anyone else experience this? Is there a work around?
    I'm running 4.5

Thanks,
    WA

I know a lot of you have been trying to get the E-Trade Mobile Pro app working on your 4.5.x devices. Here is the solution.

Install as normal. When the application tries to restart the phone to complete installation, you will get an error. Ignore it and do a battery pull and you will be good to go. Working fine for me on my 8310 running 4.5.0.44.

Hope this helps.
    10-31-08 10:32 AM
    I have OS 4.6, reinstalled Etrade Mobile Pro today and it actually works. Its actually cool.
    11-07-08 07:57 PM
    Thanks a lot! I had the same problem as mdprotector but followed the link you posted and it worked! (I have also upgraded to .97)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-08-08 10:42 AM
    I had problems so i e-mailed it to my phone and it worked then i realized i never put the s after the http so that is probably what caused the problems. If you keep having problems just e-mail it to your phone and it's a definite fix
    11-11-08 10:51 PM
    I e-mailed the install file to myself, but when i try and run it I get the following error:
    907 Invalid COD, file not found.

Any ideas of a work around?

Credit to this thread on Pinstack:

Hope this helps.
    11-14-08 02:57 PM
    I wrote E*Trade to address this subject yesterday:

To whom it may concern:

I represent many E*Trade Mobile Pro users that have upgraded to OS 4.5 on their BlackBerry Pearl and BlackBerry Curve devices. Please respond with E*Trade's plans to support this OS by upgrading their Mobile Pro platform. Also, when is support for the BlackBerry Storm anticipated. Your response will be shared with very many E*Trade Mobile Pro users that have upgraded to the more stable OS 4.5. Thank you.

Kent (in behalf of a large group interested in this issue.)

They responded with this:

Dear Mr. ...,

Thank you for your message regarding Mobile Pro access for OS 4.5.

We are targeting late next week for the E*Trade Mobile Pro update for Blackberry OS4.5 users. Please keep in mind we are putting this release under great scrutiny and stress testing to ensure it is up to standard. If we deem those tests to be a complete success, the update will be released. Otherwise, there is always the possibility of a delay.

The Blackberry Storm, due to inherent differences in how you interact with the phone and the OS, unfortunately has a slightly longer timeline. For this device, we have targeted early 2009.

I am confident you want nothing but a polished platform, and that is what we will deliver. Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns. Thank you.

For future inquiries you can visit our Online Service Center, it is the fast & easy way to get answers to all your questions. You can also reach us by phone at one of our phone numbers located at etrade.com/contactus. As always, we appreciate the opportunity to serve you.

Sincerely,

Robert J. Schienle, III
    8:00AM - 4:30PM EST
    1-800-ETRADE-1 (1-800-387-2331)
    Elite Services - Tech Support
    E*TRADE Securities, LLC
    12-05-08 12:10 PM
    I GOT IT TO WORK ON MY PHONE JUST NOW.

hehe. I run 4.5.0.81 or so.

I wrote E*Trade to address this subject yesterday:

To whom it may concern:

I represent many E*Trade Mobile Pro users that have upgraded to OS 4.5 on their BlackBerry Pearl and BlackBerry Curve devices. Please respond with E*Trade's plans to support this OS by upgrading their Mobile Pro platform. Also, when is support for the BlackBerry Storm anticipated. Your response will be shared with very many E*Trade Mobile Pro users that have upgraded to the more stable OS 4.5. Thank you.

Kent (in behalf of a large group interested in this issue.)

They responded with this:

Dear Mr. ...,

Thank you for your message regarding Mobile Pro access for OS 4.5.

We are targeting late next week for the E*Trade Mobile Pro update for Blackberry OS4.5 users. Please keep in mind we are putting this release under great scrutiny and stress testing to ensure it is up to standard. If we deem those tests to be a complete success, the update will be released. Otherwise, there is always the possibility of a delay.

The Blackberry Storm, due to inherent differences in how you interact with the phone and the OS, unfortunately has a slightly longer timeline. For this device, we have targeted early 2009.

I am confident you want nothing but a polished platform, and that is what we will deliver. Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns. Thank you.

For future inquiries you can visit our Online Service Center, it is the fast & easy way to get answers to all your questions. You can also reach us by phone at one of our phone numbers located at etrade.com/contactus. As always, we appreciate the opportunity to serve you.

Sincerely,

Robert J. Schienle, III
    8:00AM - 4:30PM EST
    1-800-ETRADE-1 (1-800-387-2331)
    Elite Services - Tech Support
    E*TRADE Securities, LLC
    12-12-08 02:52 PM
    Here's the an email reply from Etrade tech support regarding latest on Bold and Etrade Mobile Pro...Now it's going to be offically January!!!

"Thank you for your message about our E*TRADE Mobile Pro platform and the new Blackberry devices that were just released. Our software will be [/B]updated in January to support the Bold and the Storm devices. Until then, they will not work as they use newer technology. I apologize for any inconvenience caused while we update the software."

Sincerely,

Leah Peasley
    1-800-355-8888 ext 617-5727
    Sun 7am-6pm, M/W/Th 9am-8pm MST
    Senior Financial Services Representative E*TRADE Securities, LLC Case #: 081221-156
    12-21-08 07:24 PM
    Just downloaded Etrade Mobile Pro this afternoon on my Bold running .167. Works and looks great. Thanks Etrade!!!
    12-30-08 06:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD