I know there has been an abundance of discussion on here about e-mail delivery confirmations ... I have spent 2 days reading them ... none of them answered my question.

Ground Rules:
    • I have a Tour (Verizon)
    • My Boss has a Curve (Verizon)
    • Another Co-Worker has a Curve (t-mobile)
    • For all e-mail accounts on my phone: Confirm Delivery = No, Confirm Read = No, Send Read Receipts = No

Problem Summary:
    • When my boss or co-worker send an e-mail from their BB, my BB automatically sends a Delivered e-mail with the body text "Your message was delivered to the recipient."
    • I know it sends, because I have that account send a BCC of all messages to my inbox. (CYA purposes)
    • Messages from other sources (iPhone, Outlook, gMail) do not trigger the Delivered e-mail to be sent.

I very much would like the 'read receipts' to stop. Anyone have any suggestions.
    10-28-09 04:39 PM
    I know there has been an abundance of discussion on here about e-mail delivery confirmations ... I have spent 2 days reading them ... none of them answered my question.

Ground Rules:
    • I have a Tour (Verizon)
    • My Boss has a Curve (Verizon)
    • Another Co-Worker has a Curve (t-mobile)
    • For all e-mail accounts on my phone: Confirm Delivery = No, Confirm Read = No, Send Read Receipts = No

Problem Summary:
    • When my boss or co-worker send an e-mail from their BB, my BB automatically sends a Delivered e-mail with the body text "Your message was delivered to the recipient."
    • I know it sends, because I have that account send a BCC of all messages to my inbox. (CYA purposes)
    • Messages from other sources (iPhone, Outlook, gMail) do not trigger the Delivered e-mail to be sent.

I very much would like the 'read receipts' to stop. Anyone have any suggestions.
    The "read receipts" will not stop unless your boss and your co-worker change the settings on their BBs. For example, I have "Confirm Delivery--Yes" on one e-mail account on my BB. People get the notice in their inbox, whenever I send e-mails from the BB using that address. The only way for them to stop getting the notice would be for me to change my setting.
    Last edited by lak611; 10-28-09 at 05:03 PM.
    10-28-09 04:54 PM
    The "read receipts" will not stop unless your boss and your co-worker change the settings on their BBs. For example, I have "Confirm Delivery--Yes" on one e-mail account on my BB. People get the notice in their inbox, whenever I send e-mails from the BB using that address. The only way for them to stop getting the notice would be for me to change my setting.
    Thank you lak ... I kinda figured that them changing their settings would solve the issue ...

Here's my follow-up question that I should have asked in the original post ...
    What is the purpose of the 'Send Read Receipts' option if my BlackBerry is going to send them regardless of the setting of that option?

IMHO, I should have the option of whether or not I want to send read receipts when someone requests them. From everything I've read, that's supposed to be the point of setting 'Send Read Receipts' to No ... apparently, I have no idea what that option does ...
    10-29-09 09:37 AM
    Yes, BB should not automatically send these "receipts" when we don't want it to. The solution shouldn't be to tell these people to change the settings on their phone.

I have a Sprint Curve 8330 and all my settings are set to "NO".
    11-23-09 07:27 PM
    It's just one of the many "options" on BBs that don't actually do anything. Like the "delete messages after X days" option.
    11-23-09 08:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD