Hey everyone, not sure if this problem is related to the new version (4.7) of DM but my CD/DVD drives were not working on TWO computers since I downloaded DM v4.7.

I have a desktop w/ XP and two DVD RW's, and a Laptop with Vista which has one DVD RW.

Tried to burn an mp3 disc today and NEITHER computer could locate the DVD burners. I got a yellow exclamation point in the device manager(s), and a registry error "code 19".

After many google searches, I found a link that fixes the problem:

"support.microsoft.com/kb/314060]Your CD drive or DVD drive is missing or is not recognized by Windows or other programs"

Sorry, I'm "not allowed to post links" yet.. whatever, just copy EVERYTHING within the quotes above.

Again, not sure if DM v4.7 caused this problem but I just downloaded it on BOTH machines last week and caught the problem today. BTW I just used the desktop burner on.. memorial day (I think) so my system was fine before.

Anyway it might be a good idea to check your device(s) in the windows device manager, see if there's a yellow exclamation point over the DVD/CD drives just in case. Follow the steps in the link, delete the corrupt registry entries and your good.

I hope this is helpful.
    06-06-09 11:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD