Hi All,

I have finally managed to get a DVD on to my 9700, however it will not play the sound. I converted the file to AVI through DVD Fab and it plays perfectly on my computer (after downloading an AC3 Filter). I dragged the file over to my BB, and the video plays perfectly, a great picture i might add, however it has no sound?? I have searched the net for an answer but cannot find one....Please help if you can. Basically i want to load movies on to my BB in the easiest manner, as i am not a computer wizz!!.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks
    Richard
    03-31-10 11:43 AM
    Of course it has "no" sound. An AC3 filter on your PC will decode Dolby Digital audio for you to listen on a non-Dolby Digital setup. BlackBerry does not have Dolby Digital (AC3) support. You must transcode the audio track into MP3 or AAC first.
    03-31-10 11:46 AM
    I make all dvd's into mp4's and the quality is degraded, but negligible on my curve 8330.
    03-31-10 11:56 AM
    Thanks for the response, I had no idea what an AC3 filter was!!!! do you have any advise on converting the audio to MP3 or AAC. I cannot find an option in DVD Fab for the audio?? or should i copy the complete DVD to another format, rather than AVI???
    03-31-10 11:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD