yesterday I set up a new gmail account and added the address to my phone, and today when I went into my contact list I have duplicate (and for some even more) entries!! How did that happen?? Is there a way I can fix that without having to go through and manually delete the duplicates? Please help...
    08-23-10 02:47 PM
    I had this problem too when I first got my Gmail account.

What you can do, now that they're both in Sync (your phone book and Gmail's contacts), go to your contacts in Gmail and "Merge" those duplicated. It's a little time consuming, but the outcome is a fresh list of contacts (that has both emails and phone numbers) that even if you change your Blackberry will still be saved on your Gmail for later retrieval.
    08-23-10 03:13 PM
    I have my google sync the contacts and tell my Blackberry not to. I hated it when I'd have loads of contacts for each person, some with photos, some without, some with the address formatted correctly, some without.
    08-23-10 03:18 PM
    I have the same problem in the past, duplicates are really annoying. Gladly I found a useful tool, the so called Scrubly Duplicate Remover. The process is simple; it scans your Gmail contact folders and look for duplicate contacts. If Scrubly finds any exact or Compatible Contacts, it will remove or merge them automatically. They even have a back up so I can have the original copy just in case. This is really effective; this may helps you to get rid of duplicates.
    austriker likes this.
    02-24-11 02:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD