I use Google sync to sync my BB and Outlook calendar. All of a sudden after 2 weeks I start getting duplicate entries. I've determined that my BB is looking at both my "[email protected]... calendar" and my "Device Default" calendar as one is green and one is blue. I go into: (calendar/menu/select calendar) and "Show All Calendars" is marked. I change it to just one and that seems to fix it. Problem is, that after after Google sync runs it changes it back to "Show All Calendars". Any ideas for a BBnewbie?
    01-02-09 04:03 PM
    I had the same problem till i separated the calenders and had to open one at a time
    01-02-09 09:45 PM
    The "device default" calendar is your problem. Delete all instances of it and do a battery pull and your problem will be solved.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-03-09 01:58 AM
    Maybe this is a stupid question.... I'm fairly new with the Blackberries but not new with computed and electronic equipment in general...

How do you delete the calendars? I'm looking through and trying to figure out how to get rid of duplicate calendars, as I only need the one, synced through Google.
    01-07-09 01:22 PM
    You can connect the BB to your PC and clear the calendar entries with DM and then resync with Google Calendar.
    01-07-09 01:24 PM
    Alright. I'll have to do that when I get home, as I'm at work now. Thanks! I'll let you know how it goes...

I'm getting a little annoyed at the duplicate entries deal, but can't live without my Google Calendar Sync.

It only started after I added my work email account.
    01-07-09 01:27 PM
    If you need more help just post and I'll be glad to give you directions when I get home and have access to DM.
    01-07-09 01:37 PM
    Also be sure to turn on two-way sync on your DM. As well last night I had the same issue and had to manually go into gmail and delete the duplicate contacts then re-sync with my BB.
    01-07-09 01:38 PM
    Well, the contacts aren't duplicating, only calendar events. So It alerts me now 2x when I have something to do. Then the calendar is all red every time I look at it because every event overlaps. Annoying, needless to say. I'll definitely give it a try when I get home and am able to play with it though. Thanks!
    01-07-09 01:57 PM
    Well, that seemed to work. Thanks again for all of your help!
    01-07-09 04:25 PM
    I am also getting duplicate events on my handheld calendar. I have a gmail calendar and use Google sync, then recently I added another email (Outlook Web). Now it lists "Device Default" in blue and the outlook email address in green.

I connected my handheld to DM and synced it with Outlook calendar. Then, I deleted all of the Outlook events, and synced it again. I then ran Google sync. Now, my handheld only shows the "Device Default" calendar events, but with duplicates for almost all of them (both blue). Why did this happen?
    09-20-10 08:58 PM
    I'm new to CrackBerry Forums so sorry if this gets too wordy. I want to sync my phone (BB 9550) with Google Calendar and Contacts. When I do i get duplicates in phone and Google. I have 2 email accounts with Gmail so I deleted the secondary account in Service Books (CICAL) and did the "Move" in Default Services. Nothing seems to help. Can someone help?
    04-05-11 03:40 PM
    I will post my angst here with duplicate appointments in my blackberry calendar as well. I have a Storm 2 synced to my google calendar via google sync. I do not use DM because I am Mac based and it seems to not work very well.... and I'd rather stick to the google calendar since I also share views (not editing) to other people on my google calendar.

So my BB calendar was set to sync only with my google calendar (no one elses). It did this flawlessly for the past year or more. But lately I noticed that it started copying the same appointment item into the same time so the event would appear twice both in my google calendar and on my handset. Now it comes three times....and this week--WTH, I have about a thousand duplicates for one time period that I can't get rid of. These items were yearly repeat items....so maybe that is why they duplicated about 1k X vs. only 2 or 3x ????

Okay, so I deleted my google calendar and removed google sync off of my handheld. I backedup my calendar via blackberry protect. I reset my handheld. Then I restored my calendar from blackberry protect. but the items are still there.

Okay, maybe I could live without sync to google calendar (although it would be very inconvenient). But even trying to ignore the 1k duplicate entries on a few time lines on each day isn't helpful because the calendar with so much junk on it runs very very slow. Just deleting the whole mess isn't really an option either since I need to know when those appointments are.

What a mess.

Verizon could not help me except to tell me to delete the calendar....

and referred me to RIM.

I see from other posts this may be a google sync problem although most of those look like outlook issues possibly.

Sorry this is so long.
    04-05-11 06:50 PM
    Not much help on offer here, apparently . . . I just ran into the duplicate entry problem after I upgraded the OS on my 9700 to version 6. Suddenly all the existing entries are duplicated (new ones aren't). An additional problem is that I'm syncing with my Google calendar, not Outlook . . .

I can't see how the BB Desktop software gives me access to the Calendar: Configure Settings / Calendar gives me three available "desktop applications" -- MSOutlook, ASCII importer, and Yahoo!, none of which are relevant.

Can anybody advise me how to clean off the calendar and resync it with the online Google calendar?
    04-29-11 09:24 AM
    Suddenly all the existing entries are duplicated (new ones aren't). An additional problem is that I'm syncing with my Google calendar, not Outlook .
    Have the same issue ... so do many people on Google. A new wrinkle is that it appears that you can no longer delete the events of your "Primary" Google calendar without deleting your entire calendar account, including all of your secondary Calendars!!

I smartly knew about the potential for duplicate entries so segregated my BlackBerry to sync onto a calendar with nothing else on it (so that I wouldn't ruin a calendar full of existing information). However where I messed up was I made it my PRIMARY calendar for my Gmail account, which now appears to be forever ruined.
    06-17-11 07:18 PM
    same issue here
    02-08-12 12:35 PM
    An excerpt from google answers
    The problem seems to lie with Blackberry sync and Google sync both trying to synchronize the calendar. Turn off the Blackberry sync by going to Calendar--> Options--> Select your account (the gmail address that you are synching with)--> Un-check 'Wireless Synchronization'. Once this is turned off, use Google sync.

Blackberry: How can I delete all my events on my Blackberry's default calendar
    Go into the calendar, set your view to be agenda, and then scroll up to the top of your calendar, highlight the first date listed and hit the menu key. Now choose "delete prior" and it will remove all of your calendar entries.

Deleting duplicates from Google Calendar
    You can use the donation-ware tool to delete your duplicates. Here is the tool on the page. Read their FAQs.

Free Google Calendar Duplicate Remover (Donation-ware) | ryanVision
    johbot likes this.
    02-08-12 12:57 PM
    An excerpt from google answers
    The problem seems to lie with Blackberry sync and Google sync both trying to synchronize the calendar. Turn off the Blackberry sync by going to Calendar--> Options--> Select your account (the gmail address that you are synching with)--> Un-check 'Wireless Synchronization'. Once this is turned off, use Google sync.

Blackberry: How can I delete all my events on my Blackberry's default calendar
    Go into the calendar, set your view to be agenda, and then scroll up to the top of your calendar, highlight the first date listed and hit the menu key. Now choose "delete prior" and it will remove all of your calendar entries.

Deleting duplicates from Google Calendar
    You can use the donation-ware tool to delete your duplicates. Here is the tool on the page. Read their FAQs.

Free Google Calendar Duplicate Remover (Donation-ware) | ryanVision
    03-15-12 01:48 PM
    i have same issue too
    03-16-12 06:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD