Last night when I went to bed I had an 80% battery charge. Now if you know me, I don't usually screw anything up with my BB. But when I woke up this morning, my beloved BB was completed turned off and would not turn on. Troubleshooting led me to plug the device in with the wallcharger. This worked and I realized that the battery had been completely drained.

This is somewhat of a mystery to me. I've had my BB for a year and have never had this happen. The only change I made recently was leaving wifi turned on. Usually I never bother with even using wifi. I don't have Facebook installed. And I am fairly certain I had all my apps closed. I had wifi on the night before and didn't wake up to a drained battery which is why I am dumbfounded. Though obviously, the device was communication enough that it drained the battery.

So I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced a battery drain for seemingly no reason while connected to wifi (not including leaving an app running)?
    01-06-09 10:30 AM
    Now, granted, I haven't had my BB for as long as you and I do have the Bold vs. your Curve. But I keep both the Bluetooth and WiFi on all night and do not wake up to a depleted battery. It is curious as to the nature of this occurence, seeing as you've had the WiFi connection running overnight before.
    01-06-09 11:02 AM
    My wifi is always on with no noticable drain on battery. Maybe your battery went bad?? I'm on a curve also.
    01-06-09 11:10 AM
    If your battery is a year old, it could be nearing the end of its useful life. That coupled with a little additional power demand could be your explanation. You also have to consider the possibility you left an app running without realizing it, unlikely as that may be.
    01-06-09 10:16 PM
    It's also possible that whatever your battery life was before you went to bed was incorrect. On some of my past BB's some themes would freeze the battery meter and I'd have to do a soft reset/pull to get it to display correctly.
    01-07-09 01:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD