Ok. I have a BB 8820 on BES for work. Is there a way to integrate yahoo mail into my inbox without screwing up my corporate e-mail?

I tried yahoo for mobile and hated it. I love the g-mail app.

I just want to stay logged in all the time and be notified whe I have new mail.
    10-05-09 09:39 PM
    I think emails on bes must be set up through your administrator. Could be different from company to company though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-05-09 10:18 PM
    You can set up multiple email accounts on your BB by going to the "Manage Internet Email" icon on you homescreen.

Both accounts will show up in your Inbox, but you can filter which accounts you want to see and which account you want to send from.

10-05-09 10:18 PM
    That's how its done on bis but I think that the IT admins have to allow email accounts on bes.

10-05-09 10:20 PM
    That's how its done on bis but I think that the IT admins have to allow email accounts on bes.

I'm on a BES for my work email but logged into my BIS to add my personal email accounts. I don't know if our guys have a looser setting on this or not. Note that if you do this, the only place BES emails come in is to the "messages" folder and it will also put your Yahoo emails there as well.
    10-05-09 11:46 PM
    Ok. I have a BB 8820 on BES for work. Is there a way to integrate yahoo mail into my inbox without screwing up my corporate e-mail?

I tried yahoo for mobile and hated it. I love the g-mail app.

I just want to stay logged in all the time and be notified whe I have new mail.
    I checked my yahoo mail, and the free account does not allow mail forwarding. If you paid for Mail Plus, you could forward your yahoo mail to your work email account.

Google email forwarding is free.
    10-05-09 11:51 PM
    Tequila, Yahoo is pushed just fine through BIS, the free Yahoo has been my e-mail server for a decade, and I receive my Yahoo e-mail just fine.

BIS, when you register your e-mail accounts, becomes a proxy server, it is part of the e-mail chain, a double link if you may.

So, if the Yahoo account is properly registered, a message to your e-mail account arrives simultaneously (or close to it) to your inbox and BIS. BIS pushes the message to your device, not forwarded from your account and then forwarded again by BIS.

10-06-09 12:15 AM
    thx for the tip
    10-06-09 11:26 AM
    Tequila, Yahoo is pushed just fine through BIS, the free Yahoo has been my e-mail server for a decade, and I receive my Yahoo e-mail just fine.

BIS, when you register your e-mail accounts, becomes a proxy server, it is part of the e-mail chain, a double link if you may.

So, if the Yahoo account is properly registered, a message to your e-mail account arrives simultaneously (or close to it) to your inbox and BIS. BIS pushes the message to your device, not forwarded from your account and then forwarded again by BIS.

I know quite well how the push email works, I have 5 accounts pushed to my phone.

My understanding of what the OP asked, is that he hates the Yahoo mobile app, but still wants to get his Yahoo emails sent to his BES email account.

Maybe I read it wrong.........
    10-06-09 11:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD