I watch the event videos and the videos from the store in dubai. Is this the biggest market or is this the only area they actually do marketing in?
    08-28-15 07:23 PM
    One of the areas they do heavier marketing.
    IndianTiwari and Sime0n_S like this.
    08-28-15 07:39 PM
    I watch the event videos and the videos from the store in dubai. Is this the biggest market or is this the only area they actually do marketing in?
    It's one of the markets that BB has the highest penetration in, and one of the very few where they can sell things like $2000 Porsche Design phones. But it's a fairly small market in total. I'd guess that BB's biggest market is still Indonesia, but it was always a BBOS market rather than a BB10 market, and BB's losses there have been huge over the last year. Nigeria is another large market for BB, but again, it was cheap BBOS phones on BIS, not BB10, and cheap Android phones have taken over the market, though BB still has a chunk of the market.
    08-28-15 09:16 PM
    The market with the highest revenue is Europe. Especially Germany. There are the most BES installations. And BES, BBM protected & meetings, BlackBerry Secure Connect and so on are the products BlackBerry wants to sell. The hardware business is fading and the revenue is small.

Posted via CB10
    08-28-15 10:08 PM
    I am in Dubai, there is no marketing at all. Just In the store, like outside of the store you won't see any marketing. A lot of people here have Iphones, Android + a BlackBerry as a second phone either,Q10, Classic, Passport or of Course BlackBerry Porsche Design

Posted via CB10
    08-28-15 10:52 PM
    And it seems to work?

Hmmmmm......

Posted via CB10
    08-29-15 12:50 AM
    It's one of the markets that BB has the highest penetration in, and one of the very few where they can sell things like $2000 Porsche Design phones. But it's a fairly small market in total. I'd guess that BB's biggest market is still Indonesia, but it was always a BBOS market rather than a BB10 market, and BB's losses there have been huge over the last year. Nigeria is another large market for BB, but again, it was cheap BBOS phones on BIS, not BB10, and cheap Android phones have taken over the market, though BB still has a chunk of the market.
    Last numbers I saw for Indonesia that market fell off the cliff for device sales. Cheap Android is eating that away. They are still getting largest percent of revenue from North America I believe. BB10 and BES are finally getting deployed more in the Federal space. Took a while, but BBOS and BES5 are finally being out out of their misery. Our work on call phone, Bold 9000, is finally getting updated because they are ending support for BBOS devices and moving people to BB10 and iOS. I just need a dumb phone to forward calls to my personal phone, but they won't do that. They are heavily testing BES12 with iOS 9 and based on what I'm hearing it is likely to become the preferred solution. Don't know how this BlackBerry Android thing is going to go because our security organizations tell us not to put anything forward that uses Android, this includes Cisco Phones using it or handsets.

Posted via Z30
    08-29-15 08:49 AM
    Toronto would be next right? They do a lot of advertising there...in Ontario they do a lot.

Posted via CB10
    08-29-15 09:19 AM
    The market with the highest revenue is Europe. Especially Germany. There are the most BES installations. And BES, BBM protected & meetings, BlackBerry Secure Connect and so on are the products BlackBerry wants to sell. The hardware business is fading and the revenue is small.

Posted via CB10
    HW still accounts for cca 50 % of the total revenue, just check the numbers in ER

Posted via CB10
    08-30-15 05:50 AM
    Yes indeed it is one of the biggest markets for BlackBerry . Today I had been to BlackBerry stores at Dubai Mall to buy myself the Passport Silver Edition and Passport Red. The footfalls at BlackBerry stores has increased manifolds as per the stores manager and lot of people have started showing interest in the Slider.
    I am pleased to show my priced possessions today. Red Passport I bought for my office colleague and Silver Edition for me.

 Passport propelled by 10.3.2.2639
    Attachment 368992
    Attached Thumbnails Is Dubai the biggest BlackBerry market?-img_20150830_135053.jpg   Is Dubai the biggest BlackBerry market?-img_20150830_134825.jpg  
    Last edited by IndianTiwari; 08-30-15 at 08:44 AM.
    valer466 likes this.
    08-30-15 06:02 AM
    HW still accounts for cca 50 % of the total revenue, just check the numbers in ER

Posted via CB10
    You're correct. Revenue is not income. They earn the most money in Europe.

Posted via CB10
    08-30-15 06:06 AM
    Not only Dubai, here is Doha Qatar and KSA Having huge craze about BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    IndianTiwari likes this.
    08-30-15 11:50 AM
    Yeah at wold trade centre dubai you get to see a lot of non professionals too using the classic, z30 and passports. Besides their iPhones.
    11-01-15 03:27 AM