Ok I upgraded from a 8830WE to the 8330 Curve. I currently use Desktop manager, as I presume everyone else does. Now the kicker, with Desktop manager support both phones? I tried and it doesn't recognize the 8830WE anymore. I haven't done much tinkering with the Manager since I don't want to screw anything up and lose the ability to connect my Curve. Please enlighten me on how I can use both on the manager.
    06-08-08 07:30 PM
    Just make sure the OS for both phones is installed on the PC you are using and you should be all set.
    06-08-08 08:51 PM
    ^^^amazing is correct^^^
    06-08-08 08:59 PM
    Really? Well if that's the only issue then I shouldn't be having the problem I'm having with the pearl and the Curve.

i have the latest OS on my pearl and all of the software on my laptop for it is the latest. But when I try to hook up my friend's Curve which he got about a month ago, it isn't recognized.

Should I recommend he update his pearl to the latest OS? And if so, can he do that from his phone?

Dm
    06-09-08 11:08 AM
    Just make sure the OS for both phones is installed on the PC you are using and you should be all set.
    How would I get a copy of the Curve OS and from where?
    (heck,I can't remember where I got the Pearl Os for my stuff from... )

Dm
    06-09-08 11:09 AM
    How would I get a copy of the Curve OS and from where?
    (heck,I can't remember where I got the Pearl Os for my stuff from... )

Dm
    Curve OS

Pearl 8130 OS

You can usually find a sticky at the top of each phones section that has the latest OS.
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 06-09-08 at 11:51 AM.
    06-09-08 11:49 AM
    Curve OS

Pearl 8130 OS

You can usually find a sticky at the top of each phones section that has the latest OS.
    Thank you, I wound up doing it the hard way and going to each providers websites, entering in fake info and getting the Operating systems for the Verizon Curve and the Sprint Curve 8830s.

Now for another question...

Can these OS versions be installed simultaneously?
    I've installed the Sprint Curve OS without any detriment to my previously installed Sprint Pearl OS.

I want to go for the Trifecta and install the Verizon Curve OS as well...

Dm

Dm
    06-09-08 01:12 PM
    Now for another question...

Can these OS versions be installed simultaneously?
    I've installed the Sprint Curve OS without any detriment to my previously installed Sprint Pearl OS.

I want to go for the Trifecta and install the Verizon Curve OS as well...

Dm

Dm
    Sure can. When you connect the device to DM (not you ) the PC will see the proper OS and you'll be able to do whatever you need to do.
    06-09-08 01:28 PM
    Sure can. When you connect the device to DM (not you ) the PC will see the proper OS and you'll be able to do whatever you need to do.
    SUHWEET!!!

RIM rocks!

Thanks dude!

Dm
    06-09-08 01:34 PM
    I am downloading the WE software right now from the VZW site. I hope this works!!!
    06-11-08 07:20 PM
    I am downloading the WE software right now from the VZW site. I hope this works!!!
    WORKED, THANKS GUYS
    06-12-08 06:02 PM
    Thanks for this tip Amazing! I had no idea. I learn something (actually many things) new every day around here!
    06-12-08 06:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
";