would'nt each service provider have it where you can take your phone in and have it fixed for the new DST? seems like they would offer that to their users..... i didnt download the patch, i just set mine manually, but everytime i sync with my PC it goes back an hour!!!! its not a big deal, but i wonder if i could go by a service center and have them do it for me?
    03-13-07 04:06 PM
    I downloaded it...not for ease but cos i didnt want to not do it..... if that makes sense....

But can you not d/l the patch now?
    03-13-07 04:21 PM
    BlackBerry - I've directed everyone from my office to go there. It's just so hard to get people to do I.T. related stuff, unless they are 'into it'...
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-13-07 05:14 PM
    BlackBerry - I've directed everyone from my office to go there. It's just so hard to get people to do I.T. related stuff, unless they are 'into it'...
    and that is basically the reason i have not messed with it! i like downloading and adding fun things, and doing much more complicated things but the patch bores me and i dont want to fool with it!
    03-13-07 11:05 PM
    It's really not much effort. Just go to that site, it detects your device, accept the download and you're done. No more issues when sync'ing.
    03-13-07 11:31 PM
    go to it on my phone or pc? i will do it but everytime i go to the blackberry website it has too many things to click on and too much for me to have to read through.
    03-13-07 11:34 PM
    You can do it on your blackberry. Go to the mobile.blackberry.com page, then you should see the link at the top of the page. Click on that, and it should take you right there.
    03-13-07 11:45 PM
    i just did it..... i hope to god it dosent mess anything up like what i have been reading from some of the other people on here. thanks for helping me and talking me into it
    Media Warrior likes this.
    03-13-07 11:47 PM
    No problem. It should all work for you. It seems that there are only a few devices out there having issues, and most of them all seem to be on BES.
    03-13-07 11:50 PM
    all i am waiting on now is for my devices to rest themselves.... i should have did this a week ago. i really didnt think it was going to be that simple. i did it ota from my BB it didnt take anytime to have it downloaded. why do they reccomend backing up your device before doing it?
    03-13-07 11:56 PM
    The backup is recommended just in case something goes wrong and you would have to wipe your device and start over fro scratch. I think this is rare to occur, but it always good advice to backup before trying to add or delete anything from your BB.
    03-14-07 01:10 AM
    Thats the one good thing about BBs. I dont think they are that easy to break and i started out knowing nothing about installs, and the amount of BB in the UK for example that are trashed because the "hour glass" is still spinning is huge....

But thats also why Crackberry etc are around...there is always someone who knows soemthing you dont....and share !
    03-14-07 04:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD