View Poll Results: How often do you drop your BB?

Voters
91. You may not vote on this poll
  • Never

22 24.18%
  • 1-2 times per year

23 25.27%
  • 3-5 times per year

16 17.58%
  • 5-15 times per year

14 15.38%
  • 16-25 times per year

5 5.49%
  • 25+ times per year (please post)

11 12.09%
    Multiple times a day every day and it never bothers me nor has
    it affected either phone in any way.
    a lil clumsy are we ...lollol
    05-16-09 08:07 AM
    in the beginning i dropped my berry so many times till one of the screens cracked ...... now I'm so darn careful now
    05-16-09 08:09 AM
    I've only had it for a month, so I can't really answer in the poll, but I have dropped it once. I almost had a heart attack, thank God for my rubber skin.
    05-16-09 07:49 PM
    I try to be careful but when it happens I really feel bad. I love my BB!
    05-16-09 07:57 PM
    4 or 5 times since I got my curve last August.
    05-16-09 09:45 PM
    I think iam lucky i have never dropped my blackberry.
    05-16-09 09:59 PM
    I'm worse than any of you guys because when I get frustrated with my Berry I smack it or punch it in the keyboard.
    05-16-09 10:05 PM
    Not enough time to tell all of my "BlackBerry Dropping Tales" - including dropping a BlackBerry Curve into (and "leaving" it) in a septic tank and trying to explain the situation to at&t reps. Or the time I dropped one in a club, someone(probably me) accidently kicked it across the dance floor- with only a few scratches. Lol. We're all BlackBerry "Abusers."
    05-16-09 10:18 PM
    How does a BB end up in a septic tank?!?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-16-09 11:10 PM
    My Berry is my baby so I am very careful with it. I have dropped it only once so far. For what the price of these damn phones are I have to be careful Wouldn't want to have to use my insurance and buy a new and start over.
    05-16-09 11:18 PM
    How does a BB end up in a septic tank?!?

At the time very easy. Lol.
    'Accidently" fell out of my POS holster that was on my belt- while helping a friend with his d*mn system.
    05-16-09 11:18 PM
    I'd like to keep it to 0 but I only had my BOLD for 5 months and dropped it once, I was lucky and only the Bezel got scratched. It wasn't serious, barely visible but I still changed it to Black.
    05-17-09 12:54 AM
    I'm worse than any of you guys because when I get frustrated with my Berry I smack it or punch it in the keyboard.
    I'm going to have to admit to doing similar things like this occasionally.

Today, my Storm was acting up and was really starting to make me mad. It would ignore my inputs, "pretend" to do things when it wasn't really, it was getting laggy, and my app memory was around 35. I did bang it around on a few things pretty roughly, but it was in a Case Mate Smart Skin. I had to do TWO MeterBerry device resets ( = to two battery pulls) before it started behaving like normal.
    05-17-09 01:04 AM
    Not very often at all but ince in a while I'll have the 2-3 foot drop. No damage from it yet, luckily.

05-17-09 02:24 AM
    Once a week, my b berry has meet a lot of different surfaces; concrete, grass, carpet, roof shingles, garbage cans, bounced off the toilet seat etc.
    05-17-09 02:37 AM
    had my earphones in and was changing music and i dropped it on concrete and scratched all the chrome off the bottom of the bezel and the top cover is bit scratched! gonna buy a black or blue bezel i think!
    05-17-09 02:38 AM
    Once a week, my b berry has meet a lot of different surfaces; concrete, grass, carpet, roof shingles, garbage cans, bounced off the toilet seat etc.
    Even thinking about my BB bouncing off the toilet seat is a very scary thought!!

05-17-09 02:42 AM
    I drop my phone say once a week. Sometimes it's that I knock the power cable in work. Other times I wake with it on the floor.

05-17-09 02:49 AM
    Dropped mine a few times...Thank goodness for the hard case I have for it allthough Im sure that just protects the outside...and ive been told its not whats on the outside that counts but whats on the inside that matters...okay okay I just had to say it!!
    05-17-09 02:51 AM
    I really couldnt tell you the count of how many times I have dropped my BB and it hasn't even been a year!
    05-21-09 02:08 PM
    I have yet to drop it, KNOCK ON WOOD.
    05-21-09 03:23 PM
    I drop mine at least once a week but I have an Otterbox and it doesn't faze it.

As far as dropping goes, I have one better. How about bening thrown out a car during an accident?

My son has a 8830 and his girlfriend has a Pearl, last January, he went around curve too fast, spun out and his car carwheeled end over end 3 times throwing him and girlfriend out the back window (dummys weren't wearing their seatbelts!). They didn't get hurt short of a few cuts and bruises as they picked themselves up off the ground, got up and walked across the road to get help.

While with them in the ER while they were getting checked out, they asked me to go to the car was and get a few personal items including their phones. When I got there (it was about 3 in the morning) I called my son's phone and couldn't hear it but then I noticed this light about 100 feet away from the car, walked over to it and sure enough, it was my son's 8830. Nothing wrong, a couple nicks on it but working perfectly. Couldn't find his girl's Pearl but came back during daylight and found it in dirt were the car first hit the ground and it too was working just fine.

BlackBerrys are tough!
    05-21-09 03:58 PM
    I got my Blackberry Bold 9000 from AT&T (after many months of pleading and begging my parents for it -sad thing is... I have a job and they were refusing to let ME buy it and provide for the service-) on May 5, 2009 with the brightest smile on my face as I was walking out of the store. Yet with some extra cash left over I thought to buy a case from the local Best Buy for $10.81. With as much urgency as I could muster I bought the case and only then palmed my BB for the first time.

Long story short: my friends at school laughed at how careful I was with it and said no matter what I would drop it... They were right -.- As I was watching X-Men Origins Wolverine my BB was sitting in the cupholder of my chair and as I sat back I smacked it (I brought my arm down carelessly thinking my BB was on my right...) and it flew about 5ft down the steps of Cinemark's ever so genius auditorium style seating.

Damage Report: Tiny nick on the bottom screen bar dividing the phone buttons and screen. (Other than that thought I've only dropped it once)

(Even though this may be my first phone I did the research and must say... Silicone Case(s) > Hard Shell(s); they absorb shock amazingly)
    05-21-09 04:41 PM
    I dropped mine yesterday and my bezel got scratched, I ordered a blk one. I'm surprised it's very delicate, I remember dropping my 7290/8700 and getting less damage.
    05-21-09 05:51 PM
    Daily. They are a lot tougher than most make them out to be

05-21-09 05:53 PM
54 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD