Will everyone who claims to have never used their phone on 'The Loo' please present themselves and give us your justification for not having done so.

Z10 via CB10
    11-03-13 03:48 AM
    If the toilet was just flushed, that water is perfectly clean. Mind you, I wouldn't recommend drinking it, but the concentration of bacteria would be so low as to be basically the same as tap water. Once the water sits for any period of time, then it becomes bacteria-infested.

Posted via CB10
    If the toilet was just flushed, that water is relatively bacteria free. After a few minutes or so that would change.

Posted via CB10
    Uh no, just stop arguing. the water and water source might be relatively clean but the toilet bowl contains numerous bacteria that can cause diseases. once in contact, the water will become contaminated and unclean. Regardless of concentration, all it takes is just one spore of a deadly bacteria to cause serious illness.

but what youre saying is, if i pour potable water into a bucket of sh!t, it would be still be perfectly clean as long as i dont let it sit for a period of time? just because the toilet bowl looks clean, doesnt mean it is clean. What if he took a huge dump previously and it didn't flush entirely down? bacteria is invisible to the naked eye. it doesnt take a science degree to figure out that water in the toilet bowl is unhygienic, it's more like common sense.

OP: to be safe, i would dip it in or wipe with sanitizing alcohol first. alcohol evaporates fast at room temperature so no need for another rice bag. just in case your kids grabbed hold of your phone and then put their fingers in their mouth.
    Last edited by dracolnyte; 11-03-13 at 03:12 PM.
    11-03-13 02:58 PM
    So... drum roll please....

DEAD! May my Z10 rest in peace. not a single light, even when plugged in.. swapped battery w/ the wife.. still nothing...
    its confirmed to be DEAD, like the FAIRFAX deal, which i'm VERY HAPPY ABOUT actually!
    Lazaridis NEW CEO*** !! GO GO GO!!
    ***this is wishful thinking, NOT a rumor I want to start

on a positive note, a VZ buddy of mine had a Lumia 928 I can use for the time being.. Z30, here I come!!!
    dracolnyte likes this.
    11-04-13 09:11 AM
    Don't find out if it works in the toilet either.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-13 10:31 AM
    so guys, anyone with me? my Z10 fell in the toilet last night, for approx. 5 seconds. i took it out, and removed mem card, sim, battery. then toweled it off, and i think i made the mistake of powering it back on. it gave me the red LED, then blackberry logo, and then a BLUE SCREEN.. then OFF.. can't get it to light up any more...
    advice? is it dead?

oh no!
    (facepalm)

Posted via CB10
    11-04-13 10:32 AM
    I got a new Z10 as my bank account comes with a mobile phone insurance. I just paid �50 excess.

Posted Via CB10 running on OS 10.2.1.641/725
    11-07-13 08:32 AM
    I went through all the drops and dunks with my first one, but now I'm enjoying a way better relationship with it's replacement

Z10 via CB10
    11-07-13 12:07 PM
    so guys, anyone with me? my Z10 fell in the toilet last night, for approx. 5 seconds. i took it out, and removed mem card, sim, battery. then toweled it off, and i think i made the mistake of powering it back on. it gave me the red LED, then blackberry logo, and then a BLUE SCREEN.. then OFF.. can't get it to light up any more...
    advice? is it dead?

oh no!
    I did exactly the same - ie dropped a BlackBerry in the loo for 5 seconds or so. Mine was a Curve though. I dried it out for 24 hours and it worked perfectly.
    11-08-13 01:28 PM
108 ... 345