Having decided I really prefer my Blackberry Curve over a Droid 2 I have attempted to go back. I am on Verizon and used *228 to reactivate my 8530. Everything is peachy except for receiving email. I use a charter pop email. After spending 3 to 4 hours last Saturday searching/reading through this forum I did the following things:
    1. Double checked to make sure the email account and ports were correct.
    2. Resent the service books
    3. Registered the HRT and received the confirmation email
    4. Did a battery pull.

I can't find any other advice in any posts. I really don't want to have go to the Verizon store, it is bearly more enjoyable than a root canal. Are there steps I have missed? thanks
    09-29-11 06:36 PM
    You need to call verizon to activate ur bis account. just doing the *228 will not activate you bis account for your email....
    09-29-11 07:18 PM
    *228 just updates your roaming db for most carriers. igotberryfever is right.
    09-30-11 05:40 AM
    Yeah, like igotberryfever said, you will need to contact Verizon and have them switch your data plan from the Android data plan, to the BlackBerry Internet Service plan. This is required for your phone to be properly provisioned. Dialing the *228 and selecting 1 to activate the handset may have changed your active device, but you will need to change that data plan.
    09-30-11 08:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD