I dont know about you all but i cant seem to wrap my head around RIM anymore. You got all these " phone makers " making a serious play at market share and coming out with innovative devices. Rim has really moved into single consumer market in the past 5-6 yrs but nothing innovative IMO.

I am truly a die hard BB fan, but i just dont comprehend how HTC, Motorola, Google, and ofcourse Apple (iphone 4 wow!) can consistently release devices that continue to capture what we consumers are looking for and do it every year.

With RIM its like pulling teeth I feel, OS 6 they say oh lets make em wait till the Fall, and ontop of that it may only work with the devices to come out after its launch. Now the next big phone is the 9800 and one can only tell when that will be released, plus the phone aint that hot. The 9000 should have had a trackpad, OS 5.0 (ATLEAST) but no lets give the consumers an inch / 2yrs. Now this 9800 great its a revamped Palm Pre oh wow RIM really took some engineering on that one. There lack of design and software is frustrating me.

Example Apple's turn around time to release is amazing. It's just becoming stressful i feel, im a huge BB fan and i upgrade everytime a new one comes out, but give us consumers a break I'm tired of anticipating these turtle moves RIM is making. Yes thats right you heard it "Turte Moves", complete joke it is.

I play for the Giants not the Jets. Make moves RIM.
    06-07-10 08:11 PM
    You should never allow a corporation to cause you this much stress. Hurry up
    and buy your iPhone before its too late.
    06-07-10 08:28 PM
    ...........and the beat goes on. Get your iPhone and move on.
    06-07-10 08:30 PM
    I dont want the damn iPhone though........

I just want RIM to step there game up
    06-07-10 08:35 PM
    You know there's several other active threads going on right now where you can vent your frustrations caused by a little gadget.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-07-10 08:35 PM
    You know there's several other active threads going on right now where you can vent your frustrations caused by a little gadget.

Bango Bango
    06-07-10 08:41 PM
    I reminds me of how Ford and GM were back in the 80's and 90's. They kept making the same vehicles for 7-8 years with minor upgrades while Honda and Toyota would come out with a fresh model every 4-5 years.

RIM needs to speed up their R&D and engineering so they can mover quicker in the segment they are in. They own the business segment but they could own the average user segment.

They have a ton of different models for different carriers but they are basically the same devices. Narrow down the models and concentrate on what people are looking for. Remember when GM would make the same car for Chevy, Cadillac, Buick and Pontiac with different names and logos? Sounds familiar to what RIM does.

Make a business model with everything you need and then a consumer/average user model with all the bells and whistles.

06-07-10 08:56 PM
    I'm a consumer, and apple, android, etc have nothing I want or need.
    06-07-10 10:07 PM
    Same here Tonis and happy to boot! OMG, no wai's!

06-08-10 02:08 AM
    RIM's done a fine job in my eyes, as I see their hardware as essential even in my minimal-socialization life.

I almost take the standard features of BlackBerry phones for granted, which is some serious entrenchment.
    06-08-10 02:16 AM
    When android or iphone will come out with a qwerty candy bar style phone I might consider it, in the meantime the reality is a lot of people just don't like touch screen.
    And again, specs on paper don't always translate in real life. Take the EVO camera, yes it is 8mp and it takes good pictures but there's no dedicated camera button, it's all software, and near impossible to take a self portrait. Def not the best for candid photo taking.

06-08-10 03:20 AM
    im a tech hungry consumer but the touchy phones have nothing i want the 9700 does exactly what i need it to do no more no less....
    06-08-10 06:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD