Hi folks.

(to mods: I seriously don't know if this fits general thread section)

Since, erm.. There's a lot of these 'fake bbm' apps on Playstore, and uh... People are upset...
    I suppose erm, we could go to each and every of these 'fake apps' and downvote, with a generic comment that goes something like

"(insert your own comment), get the REAL BBM app from the vendor "BlackBerry Limited"!

May be a good way to vent all that pent up frustrations, like how a lot of BlackBerry users downvoted and 'reacted' against LG's ad? I mean, its a good help, is it not?

Or this is a bad idea?

Discuss, folks. Or just do it.

add on: as per discussion, I'm trying to find ways to downvote without installing it. (finding the cheapest way / easiest way to downvote without giving the download numbers to the fakes)

trying to log in to google play via google chrome (desktop), almost all clear until clicking submit "review', and got stuck somehow.

Alternative method: (at the moment only for those with android devices, NO NEED to install) (still looking for ways for web users to report)

Reporting a Malicious or Inappropriate App

We'll review flags for hate speech, spam, nudity, malicious behavior, and other violations of our Terms of Service.

If you've found a malicious or inappropriate app, please report it to our team by following these steps:

From Google Play, visit the app's description page
    Scroll to the bottom of the page
    Touch "Flag as inappropriate"
    Select the reason for the flag, and then touch "Submit"
    Please flag under "malicious activity", then if asked to comment: fake app that hijacks functionality and reputation of authentic BlackBerry Messenger app.
    Last edited by badiyee; 10-15-13 at 07:55 AM. Reason: add on
    10-15-13 07:33 AM
    It's a good idea except a lot of folks here don't have Google Play accounts with the ability to download from the store.

Another idea would be to flood the store with another 20 fake BBM apps. And have them countdown apps to point to the real thing when available.

Posted via CB from my LE
    10-15-13 07:36 AM
    Hi folks.

(to mods: I seriously don't know if this fits general thread section)

Since, erm.. There's a lot of these 'fake bbm' apps on Playstore, and uh... People are upset...
    I suppose erm, we could go to each and every of these 'fake apps' and downvote, with a generic comment that goes something like

"(insert your own comment), get the REAL BBM app from the vendor "BlackBerry Limited"!

May be a good way to vent all that pent up frustrations, like how a lot of BlackBerry users downvoted and 'reacted' against LG's ad? I mean, its a good help, is it not?

Or this is a bad idea?

Discuss, folks. Or just do it.
    Kind of hard to do if you don't have an Android-based device. Perhaps you missed the part that says "You must install this app before writing a review."
    would you not have to have an android device to install it to be able to review it?
    It's a good idea except a lot of folks here don't have Google Play accounts with the ability to download from the store.

Another idea would be to flood the store with another 20 fake BBM apps. And have them countdown apps to point to the real thing when available.

Posted via CB from my LE
    Hehe.

Posted via CB10
    10-15-13 07:37 AM
    would you not have to have an android device to install it to be able to review it?
    BlueStacks Android emulator.

Posted via CB10
    10-15-13 07:38 AM
    actually I had an Android device, but truthfully (raises hand in confession) I have only done, like, only, only...1 review. That was for BlueVPN (hey, it works as a band-aid tether for my Torch 9800, unless you guys got better alternatives to share?)

that alone though, thanks. Hmm... and here I thought such an effort can be done. *sigh*
    Back to the drawing board, I guess.
    10-15-13 07:40 AM
    BlueStacks Android emulator.

Posted via CB10
    lol installing stuff to install more stuff just to leave a review? nah I`ll pass lol.

did make me chuckle reading one of the descriptions though, even had links to the official BBM support pages an stuff lol
    10-15-13 07:40 AM
    adde on:

probably just report it.
    10-15-13 07:51 AM
    adde on:

probably just report it.
    Seconded

Posted via CB from my LE
    10-15-13 10:32 AM