Hey all!!!

Okay this is my first time posting to the board, and since I'm pretty darned new to the Crackberry madness, I figured Id start off with what I hope is a relatively simple question.

Does anybody know how to send pictures you've taken with your Blackberry Curve 8330 to your Mac? I have a MacBook Laptop, and have gone to Blackberry.com and installed all of the synch software and driver updates they have specifically for Mac computers. And everything seems to have downloaded successfully. But, after poking around on the software after installing it, I still can't seem to figure out how to send the pictures I've taken on my Blackberry to my computer. Can anyone help with this?

Thanks! Looking forward to seeing folks 'round here on the board!

Stephanie
    01-20-09 08:11 AM
    I believe that if you enable mass storage on your blackberry your Mac should treat it just like a usb drive.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-20-09 09:15 AM
    I believe that if you enable mass storage on your blackberry your Mac should treat it just like a usb drive.

This only works if you have your pix saved to a media (micro SD) card. If you don't have a media card, you should get one b/c you'll eat up your device memory pretty fast. But back on topic, if you don't have a media card, there are tools you can use in Windows to transfer your pix, but I'm not sure what to do on Mac (and I have a Mac) - there's no version of desktop manager for Mac right now.

Have you tried Blackberry Media Sync for Mac?
    01-20-09 09:25 AM
    Hey guys!

Thanks for answering back!

Okay, first off...

how do I go about enabling mass storage...there's nothing on doing that in the user manual that came with mine...I have Curve 8330. And, even then, it sounds like I'll need to get a media card anyway, right?

LDubs,

Aaah...okay, yeah, that makes sense about the media card...and it would make sense that I would need one. It's a shame there's no desktop manager for mac computers yet! I'm seriously in love with my Mac, and will never part with it, but still, I do wish they'd come out with stuff like this for Mac computers!

I haven't tried Media Synch for Mac, no...not even familliar with it, but it sounds as though it may work...what is it? And, I'm assuming that if I just run a google search on it I should be able to track down a website pretty easily that will let me download it- is that true?

Either way, I'll go ahead and purchase a media card. I do remember from my last (now sadly dead) Blackberry that the memory is eaten up pretty fast without one!

Thanks for the help with all of this, guys! Haha...the ins and outs of what this thing does never cease to amaze me, and wading through all the ins and outs of what it does is rather a challenge in it's own right, at times!
    Last edited by AnkhGoddess; 01-20-09 at 10:00 AM.
    01-20-09 09:58 AM
    Enabling mass storage can be done through options -> media card.

Another option if all else fails could be to email the pictures to yourself. If you still need help, I'll see what I can figure out once I have a Mac in front of me.

01-20-09 12:09 PM
    Matheron,

*Smiles* for now, till I get the media card, simply emailing them to myself may very well be the best option! There are photos I've been trying to send to a friend of mine, and while I do, in general wanna get this figured out for future times when I'll need to send pics. to my computer (which in my life will actually be pretty often) but for the immediate present, emailing them to myself may be the best option!

Haha...this is kinda one of those times where I read something like that, blink once, and sorta wonder why the **** I didn't think of that before!

Thanks though for being such a sweetheart and offering to work with me on this one as thoroughly as you have offered to though! But, I don't think sitting down in front of a machine will be necessary!

Steph
    01-20-09 12:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD