I am having a huge amount of trouble finding somewhere to download Google Maps for my Torch. Every time I click on a link it brings me to the Android version at Google. Does anyone know how to go about downloading it, as I need a GPS when I travel? If it is no longer available, what's a really reliable, good GPS app for the Torch 9800?
    Thanks so much!
    11-17-12 08:34 PM
    Have you tried going to m.google.com/maps, and then downloading from there? The link works for me.
    11-17-12 08:56 PM
    Thanks. That's what brings me to Google Maps for Android, so I'm assuming that might not work??
    11-17-12 09:10 PM
    click on send link to my phone http://www.google.com/mobile/blackberry/
    11-17-12 09:15 PM
    Weird. Maybe it's detecting your touch device as an Android phone. Are you using the native browser?
    11-17-12 09:19 PM
    just search google map for blackberry from your BB browser. there will be a link providing you ota download.

Sent from my unsliding BB slider
    11-17-12 09:20 PM
    click on send link to my phone Google for BlackBerry
    Yay, downloading now! I have no idea why it brought up Android, I had the phone plugged into my PC at the time, maybe that was what caused the problem, but I use IE and don't even use gmail, so I'm not sure why Google got flustered. Thanks so much, looks like it's downloaded and it's rebooting now. Hopefully no more getting lost for 2 hours in a strange state.
    11-17-12 09:24 PM
    actually google made quite a few apps for blackberry that u won't get in appworld.
    just search for 'google app for blackberry' in your phone browser over wifi.
    and it will suggest apps that compatible with your phone. just click on the app and download it OTA to your phone.

Sent from my unsliding BB slider
    11-17-12 09:30 PM
    Yay, downloading now! I have no idea why it brought up Android, I had the phone plugged into my PC at the time, maybe that was what caused the problem, but I use IE and don't even use gmail, so I'm not sure why Google got flustered. Thanks so much, looks like it's downloaded and it's rebooting now. Hopefully no more getting lost for 2 hours in a strange state.
    Glad you have it now!
    I would also recommend backing up your apps for future use.
    http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101...our-blackberry
    11-17-12 10:25 PM
    I am having the exact same problem, can you post the link that google sent you in the text message that worked? What they sent me still isn�t working. Also, if you have a chance, can you try going to m.google.com/maps and see if it redirects you to Android still or not�

Anyone else with additional ideas?

-Brad
    12-05-12 01:02 PM
    Bumping this
    Same problem here, the link doesn't work
    I "downgraded" from a bold 9900 to a 9700 and i can't install Google Maps anymore (though it was working a couple of weeks ago, i successfully installed Google Maps on my 9900)...
    Keeps bringing me to this Android page... with a nice link "Not on Android? Find an Android device for you"... thanks but no thanks.

If anyone has an OTA download link, even for an old version of gmaps, please let me know! thanks guys
    12-05-12 04:10 PM
    Google apps are now ONLY available for download on Android phones.
    12-05-12 04:16 PM
    I have also started and joined another thread in the google groups discussion forums with regards to this problem, feel free to post there as well to see if google can take notice.
    https://productforums.google.com/for...ry/u0gHVo98EbE
    https://productforums.google.com/for...ry/MRqVhSi5BAM

Also, for those technically skilled, I found you could download the "jad" files and "cod" files from Google enterprise support site for BES. Google Mobile Products for Enterprise They appear to be for version 4.4.0, so not sure how much this helps (WAIT - BEFORE YOU DOWNLOAD, see edit below). I successfully copied them to my mini SD card and installed it. Was hoping there would be a way to update to the current version, but couldn't find it. Also under help - about - it says it is for enterprise and may be a bit different as it is a version meant to be controlled by Blackberry Enterprise Server...???

-Brad

EDIT: This link - http://www.google.com/mobile/hosted/...GoogleMaps.zip - gets you to the BES Push install files for version 4.5.3, have not had time to see if I can install that from SD card, or if I have to create a jad file or what...
    Last edited by bgrorud; 12-05-12 at 05:00 PM.
    12-05-12 04:35 PM
    Google apps are now ONLY available for download on Android phones.
    Do you have a source stating this as official policy? I looked but could not find one.
    12-05-12 04:37 PM
    Do you have a source stating this as official policy? I looked but could not find one.
    Nope, it's Google... they do what they want.
    12-05-12 04:51 PM
    Google Maps 4.5.3...Google Maps.zip

Unzip file to your sd card and click on the GMaps.jad file to install.
    12-05-12 05:22 PM
    I have the same problem. I have been trying since earlier today and it doesn't seem to work. It's been detecting for android map.
    12-10-12 02:15 AM
    Try google.com/mobile/other from your BB. Then click on "Google Maps".

I can install Google Maps onto my 9810 from there.

Cheers,
    12-10-12 01:26 PM