I'm having problems viewing MS Word documents on my BB after I've downloaded them to my phone. If I don't dl them to the phone, then I can see them, but if I do, then I can't open the documents. Any idea?

TIA!
    02-26-09 02:34 PM
    So, when you open an attachment on your BB from an e-mail, you can see it, but if you select download attachment you can't?
    02-26-09 02:36 PM
    What OS are you running? You should be able to save and open files with Docs to Go if you have at least 4.5. Just in case you see what you have it is in Options>About. I think that I have saved files to the media card and opened them after that. That is the same thing if you open a pdf in your email it will work, but you cannot download the pdf and open it later. PM me if I have helped some and you have any other questions.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-26-09 02:42 PM
    I'm running the 4.5 OS. I can dl a ".txt" and open it. But if I have MS word or excel, I can dl them to the media card, but I get an error that says it cannot open the file type. Very strange.
    02-26-09 02:51 PM
    That's odd, do you have the BB attachment service loaded on your Pearl? Options>Advanced Options>Applications to find it. It almost seems like you don't have that loaded on your BB. Also, do you have Docs To Go loaded on there as well?
    02-26-09 02:54 PM
    Ah ha! I do not have Docs to Go. Do you think that's the problem? Where do I go to get it?
    02-26-09 03:04 PM
    Well, first you have to have your version of 4.5 downloaded on your PC, which if you did the upgrade yourself to 4.5, should already be there. If you plug into your pc then go to desktop manager, application loader, add/remove applications, it will compile a list of apps both on your bb and on your pc. If you scroll thru the list you will find docs to go, check mark it to install and click next. Once installed, you will need to register it with DataViz (follow the instructions once you open the first program) and they you will want to check for updates thru the menu to download the latest version which will include sheet to go. Once you do this and go to open an attachment, it will give you the option of viewing it normally, or viewing it on docs to go, which will automatically save a copy to the documents folder on your memory card.

02-26-09 03:15 PM
    Ok, I got Doc to Go on my BB now. However, I can't do diddly with Excel. How do I fix that?
    02-26-09 03:31 PM
    Open word to go, menu, check for updates, that will send you to the DataViz site and will provide you a link to download the newest version.

02-26-09 03:34 PM
    Ok, I tried this and no matter what I do, the latest dl will not happen on my BB. I've followed the instructions on the Dataviz site. Nothing seems to work to get the latest upgrade for Docs to Go on my BB. Can this be done via DM? If so, how?

Thanks again for all your help.
    02-26-09 05:13 PM
    I don't know, you might try to get on their website and see if it is possible, I've always been able to do this OTA.

02-26-09 05:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD