Hey Folks!

I would like to nominate myself for the Doofuss of the Year Award....and here's why....

I finally upgraded from my trusty Curve 8310 to the beautiful Bold

HOWEVER .....In my haste to get things setup on my Bold, I started setting up my email (on the device itself), then realized that the easiest thing to do was to simply log on to my Carrier's BIS site and transfer my PIN.
    Well, I am sure you experienced BB folks are now shaking your heads and saying "Dude, why??".
    SO, to cut a long story short, how do I undo what I did? When I realized my mistake, I tried to transfer the Bold's PIN to my BIS account and got a message saying "The information you have provided is not valid for this service provider"

Anybody else had a brain fart and done the same thing? How do I do UNDO this? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
    03-12-09 09:39 AM
    Darn, I was fully expecting to open this thread and see my photo taking up the whole thread...

It's been one of those days :P

As far as the service provider thing goes, make sure you are going to the correct site, I had that issue prior with sprint. The site was sprint.blackberry.com instead of the one linked in the forum I found it on. Once I logged in there, I was able to get through with no problem, hopefully, the same thing will work for you.

Try this link
    03-12-09 01:09 PM
    Darn, I was fully expecting to open this thread and see my photo taking up the whole thread...

It's been one of those days :P

As far as the service provider thing goes, make sure you are going to the correct site, I had that issue prior with sprint. The site was sprint.blackberry.com instead of the one linked in the forum I found it on. Once I logged in there, I was able to get through with no problem, hopefully, the same thing will work for you.

Try this link
    LOL! No, I think I got the Market cornered today after this particular little episode!

Thanks for the link, but I was on the right site, only difference was that the one I had logged on to was BlackBerry Internet Service.
    Tried using the link you suggested, but got the same error.

Oh well, guess it's just one of those things.

If anybody has any idea on how to properly sort this out, I would love to hear it.

In the meantime, I simply set up my old Blackberry address to auto-forward to one of my Gmail accounts that I have on my Bold. I deleted the other email addresses on my old BIS account and simply set them up again on the new one. I actually did try to set up my old Blackberry address on my new BIS account, but the System informed me that the address had already been taken (wonder by who???)

The only option I can think of is asking my Provider to release my old BB address from my old BIS account and transfer it to my new one. That is, of course, if they can do that.
    03-12-09 08:28 PM
    Doofus of the year eh? Who were the judges?
    03-12-09 08:30 PM
    Doofus of the year eh? Who were the judges?
    Me, Myself and I!!
    03-12-09 09:18 PM
    Me, Myself and I!!
    Ah yes. The best judges in the world.
    03-12-09 09:20 PM
    I can usually nominate myself for this award daily.... sometimes more than once.
    03-13-09 01:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD