Hello all,

I hope this is the right place to post this

Recently my two nephews passed away in a car accident, and I got their phones ( blackberry bold 9900 and iphone 5, ) along with a windows 8 laptop,

So is there a way I can get into these devices without actually erasing anything?

I wont bother asking the iphone guys, coz I beleive u guys know much better than them

Posted via CB10
    12-27-14 11:06 AM
    if there is a passcode lock then you aren't going to be able to get into them. What are you wanting to see as some things might be accessible elsewhere
    12-27-14 11:09 AM
    Very sorry to hear that
    I hope someone here can help you out

BB for Life
    12-27-14 11:10 AM
    Very sorry to hear that
    I hope someone here can help you out

BB for Life
    Thank u, I hope that too

Posted via CB10
    12-27-14 11:33 AM
    if there is a passcode lock then you aren't going to be able to get into them. What are you wanting to see as some things might be accessible elsewhere
    Yes there is a passcode on each one of them,

Like last pics they took, some word files,

Actually I dont know if I can use these devices anymore! Can I?

Posted via CB10
    12-27-14 11:35 AM
    There are ways to break the local admin password on the Windows laptop (do some Googling), but there isn't a lot you can do with the devices without wiping them. There may be a way for a family member to get into the iCloud account with the death certificate or something, but I'm not familiar with that procedure (if it exists). I do know that Google allows you to dictate what happens to your Google account once you die, but you have to actually set that up yourself in advance.
    12-27-14 12:16 PM
    I'm sorry to hear of your loss. On the Bold, try simply removing the micro SD card. If it wasn't encrypted you should have access to whatever is on it.

Posted via CB10
    12-27-14 12:20 PM
    Hello all,

I hope this is the right place to post this

Recently my two nephews passed away in a car accident, and I got their phones ( blackberry bold 9900 and iphone 5, ) along with a windows 8 laptop,

So is there a way I can get into these devices without actually erasing anything?

I wont bother asking the iphone guys, coz I beleive u guys know much better than them

Posted via CB10
    For the Windows laptop, pop in a Linux (Ubuntu, Fedora, etc.) liveCD or USB drive and you will have full access to all the data on the Windows partition of the hard drive from Linux.

http://www.ubuntu.com/download/deskt...ick-on-windows
    http://www.ubuntu.com/download/desktop

NOTE: Do NOT install the OS. After inserting the installation media, you will have an option to "trial" Ubuntu and will be able to use the OS as you please.

(In the very unlikely event your nephews are super privacy enthusiasts who encrypt all their data, you are out of luck, of course.)

Actually I dont know if I can use these devices anymore! Can I?
    Most likely you can but it would involve wiping the devices. After copying the device partitions onto other storage media, there would be no incentive not to do this unless you intend to break the password/passcode.
    Last edited by sentimentGX4; 12-27-14 at 12:47 PM.
    12-27-14 12:21 PM
    Horrible circumstance. I would recommend taking it to the police. They probably have techs which break into devices for a living.

Posted via CB10
    12-27-14 08:03 PM