BB10 would be quite expensive. i guess :/
    If you purchase the hardware it probably will be but if you're up on your contract your carrier should offer subsidy for locking in.
    Rim might also offer an upgrade option if you trade in your Torch 9800.
    12-12-12 01:23 PM
    You just got BBM Voice, that not good enough for ya?
    12-12-12 02:14 PM
    Aren't they still making apps compatible with BBOS6 like the new BBM7? Apple doesn't make every feature available on the new devices for the older ones. There has to be some incentive to get users to upgrade.
    12-12-12 02:49 PM
    Apple will consider working maps an upgrade. It's amazing.
    12-12-12 02:52 PM
    If you want a different UI then some of the themes offer a radically different user interface, check out supertilt or even some of the android clones. Further look to the hybrid OSs for improvements in speed and Battery life . On my 9800 the B@stard Hybrids & Supertilt gave such improvements that it was like a new phone.
    12-12-12 02:56 PM
    I'm on OS 6 Curve 9300. Never even bothered to upgrade.
    BB 10 bring it on.
    12-12-12 09:03 PM
    Not all android phones get a new interface with a new update. And not all android phones even get updated. And OS 6 is already so old, by the way. I don't think its cost effective to redesign an old OS that they're no longer using.

An example of Android Phones not getting new UI with updates:

- All HTC devices
    - All Sony devices
    - LG (2.2-2.3, no UI change)
    - Samsung (2.3-4.0 on Galaxy S2, Note)

Seems like the only android phones that get a new UI with every major update is:

- Motorola (2.2-2.3-4.0, all different UI)
    - Nexus

*And you must pity iPhone 3GS owners, cause iOS still looks the same throughout all these years, and those updates are just causing their 3GS to lag.

Sent from the world's (once) most powerful smartphone.
    Had the Photon, powerful device, ran one minor update in the 8 months of service, absolutely ruined the battery life. It was ICS capable, but they said to heck with updating it.
    12-13-12 12:15 AM
    As far as updating 6, the updates are pushed by the carriers. What incentive do they have to let you hang on to an older device? They want to push you into something new, get that revised contract signed, get you locked in for the next two or three years. Does that make sense? Do you really think the corporation really cares if you like the aesthetics of the UI on your phone? It just doesn't work that way....
    12-13-12 12:21 AM
    As far as updating 6, the updates are pushed by the carriers. What incentive do they have to let you hang on to an older device? They want to push you into something new, get that revised contract signed, get you locked in for the next two or three years. Does that make sense? Do you really think the corporation really cares if you like the aesthetics of the UI on your phone? It just doesn't work that way....
    Not the case here in India. We don't have contacts here. That's the main reason iPhone isn't that common in india. Our of reach for most

Sent from the awesome Sony xperia S
    12-13-12 12:46 AM
    If you want a different UI then some of the themes offer a radically different user interface, check out supertilt or even some of the android clones. Further look to the hybrid OSs for improvements in speed and Battery life . On my 9800 the B@stard Hybrids & Supertilt gave such improvements that it was like a new phone.
    Yep I am also thinking of loading a hybrid on my 9800 now. Presently I am running on the latest .747 tell me what's is your average battery time on this hybrid b@stard? And what about booting?
    12-13-12 04:02 AM
    Aren't they still making apps compatible with BBOS6 like the new BBM7? Apple doesn't make every feature available on the new devices for the older ones. There has to be some incentive to get users to upgrade.
    Yep they are. But they should have still made some improvements like os7 has a battery optimzer inbuilt. It is necessary in os6 too and its harware is having best capability of handling it.
    12-13-12 04:05 AM
    If you purchase the hardware it probably will be but if you're up on your contract your carrier should offer subsidy for locking in.
    Rim might also offer an upgrade option if you trade in your Torch 9800.
    We don't have this contract like thing in india here. Yes operators do sell bb phones with their bundle they are factory unlocked now my eyes are on bb10 and hope it would be in a nice fair managable budget
    12-13-12 04:07 AM
    You just got BBM Voice, that not good enough for ya?
    A good step indeed. But as I already said they could have sent a battery optimizer which increases battery life like os7 has inbuilt. This optimizer was equalent to rim's 100 updates.
    12-13-12 04:08 AM
    yes I am also concerned. I am also hoping it won't be too expensive. Right now enjoying the Android experience and will stick to it if they price the BB 'much' above the Samsung/Sony flagship models. I shifted to Sony because 9900 being as expensive as S3 didn't make any sense to me considering its camera and battery backup
    Relating battery backup blackberry also lags behind in battery performance. My 9800 hardly gives me a days time if I charge it to full extent almost in battery war no other company can can be in a tug of war with NOKIA. According to me.
    12-13-12 04:13 AM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD