Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Question Dont You Think RIM Should Change Something For OS6 Users?

dont you guys think that RIM should makes some changes in the OS for OS6 users as we have from a long time being using the same interface. now it seems like boring. installing themes wont work! enjoying a new OS is very diffrent from changing the lookof your torch 9800 that too artificially. should make some new feature like android have. we are not asking them to launch a OS7 for OS6 users. just a humble request that make some changes itself in OS6 but some new enjoyable one.
    What about you guys think about it?
    Don't Ever Make A Girl Cry, God Counts Her Tears...!!!
    9800 powered by .749
    Waterloo's Finest

Global Posts
    5,371 Global Posts

I'm not trying to get personal here but this sounds fairly self centered. Why should RIM do something for the second newest OS but not anythinf for the third newest or OS7. Nothing major is expected to happen on any of these anymore, ever by the way.just basic continued support.
    Phones: Nokia 5110>Nokia 3360>Siemens C56>Moto RAZR>LG Chocolate>Pearl 8100>Bold 9000 >Pearl 9100 + Bold 9900 > iPhone 4S + Z10 + Bold 9000
    Tablets: 16GB Playbook > Playbook 32GB
    __________________________________________________ _________________________

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE SEXY GIRLS IN YOGA PANTS CHANNEL

C000288CC
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________
    Thanked by 2:
    calicocat2010 (12-12-2012),  shemaree09 (12-12-2012) 
    shemaree09 and calicocat2010 like this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Quote Originally Posted by Bold_until_Hybrid_Comes View Post
    I'm not trying to get personal here but this sounds fairly self centered. Why should RIM do something for the second newest OS but not anythinf for the third newest or OS7. Nothing major is expected to happen on any of these anymore, ever by the way.just basic continued support.
    OS7 is itself a new and latest one having various new features which OS6 is lacking. Let them update both with some new cool stuff. See android everytime we update an android phone it is changed from a-z, new interface new features n much more but we r the same frm past years
    9800 powered by .749
    Waterloo's Finest

Global Posts
    5,371 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by buttwaris View Post
    OS7 is itself a new and latest one having various new features which OS6 is lacking. Let them update both with some new cool stuff. See android everytime we update an android phone it is changed from a-z, new interface new features n much more but we r the same frm past years
    I suggest the news and rumours section. Doesnt sound like you have a clue about whats going on. In the future with blackberry.
    Phones: Nokia 5110>Nokia 3360>Siemens C56>Moto RAZR>LG Chocolate>Pearl 8100>Bold 9000 >Pearl 9100 + Bold 9900 > iPhone 4S + Z10 + Bold 9000

C000288CC
    Knightcrawler likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    PIN
    Secret

Default Re: Dont You Think RIM Should Change Something For OS6 Users?

Not all android phones get a new interface with a new update. And not all android phones even get updated. And OS 6 is already so old, by the way. I don't think its cost effective to redesign an old OS that they're no longer using.

An example of Android Phones not getting new UI with updates:

- All HTC devices
    - All Sony devices
    - LG (2.2-2.3, no UI change)
    - Samsung (2.3-4.0 on Galaxy S2, Note)

Seems like the only android phones that get a new UI with every major update is:

- Motorola (2.2-2.3-4.0, all different UI)
    - Nexus

*And you must pity iPhone 3GS owners, cause iOS still looks the same throughout all these years, and those updates are just causing their 3GS to lag.

Sent from the world's (once) most powerful smartphone.
    Waterloo's Finest

Global Posts
    5,371 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tatperson View Post
    Not all android phones get a new interface with a new update. And not all android phones even get updated. And OS 6 is already so old, by the way. I don't think its cost effective to redesign an old OS that they're no longer using.

An example of Android Phones not getting new UI with updates:

- All HTC devices
    - All Sony devices
    - LG (2.2-2.3, no UI change)
    - Samsung (2.3-4.0 on Galaxy S2, Note)

Seems like the only android phones that get a new UI with every major update is:

- Motorola (2.2-2.3-4.0, all different UI)
    - Nexus

*And you must pity iPhone 3GS owners, cause iOS still looks the same throughout all these years, and those updates are just causing their 3GS to lag.

All i saw on orchard road was notes and iphones

C000288CC
    CrackBerry Addict

No they shouldn't. Many os6 guys didn't upgrade to 7 because of blackberry 10. Also os6 was never going to be exciting. It was And will be boring and functional

Sent from the awesome Sony xperia S
    Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  

Hmm. Anything guys. Now let's hope that bb 10 makes some fun out. Hope it bets all
    9800 powered by .749
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,590 Global Posts
    PIN
    Hey... Why Do You Want To Know?

Default Dont You Think RIM Should Change Something For OS6 Users?

Does apple still make updates for their iphone 3GS? No right? Its old and not anymore their utmost priority

Don't worry, you can get bb10!!!

Maybe ui updates could be good but then, however nice rim could be, they still have aims and a need for money.

Sent from my Nintendo NES
    Thanks For Reading My Post
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    PIN
    Secret

Quote Originally Posted by Bold_until_Hybrid_Comes View Post
    All i saw on orchard road was notes and iphones
    Don't worry, not everyone buy their phones there!

CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #11  

Quote Originally Posted by ichat View Post
    Does apple still make updates for their iphone 3GS? No right? Its old and not anymore their utmost priority

Don't worry, you can get bb10!!!

Maybe ui updates could be good but then, however nice rim could be, they still have aims and a need for money.

Hoping for the best. Thumbs up
    9800 powered by .749
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,723 Global Posts
    PIN
    BBM & Kik (ask)

I don't think it is in their best interest to dedicate time into updating an OS that is two generations old. At least not with UI changes. I'm on T-Mobile and my 9700 received an OS update last month. There wasn't anything noticeable that changed, and I didn't expect any. But an update did arrive, so background changes were made. I would say that OS6 devices are about maxed out on what the OS can do with that hardware.

RIM is still supporting OS6. The BBM the Voice update works on OS6, and they are even working on an OS5 BBM update. I don't think we can say they have given up on OS6 if they keep updating apps for it.
    RuneCryption - Unique memory game for PlayBook & BB10, now "Built for BlackBerry".
    CrackBerry Addict

Even if they change the ui, user experience won't change much and it will still be "boring" as the op put it. So don't see the point wasting resources for it. Os6 did the job you paid for. Time to get a less "boring" blackberry 10

Sent from the awesome Sony xperia S
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,412 Global Posts

I think RIM should suggest you upgrade. That's like expecting Microsoft to make some updates to Windows 98.
    CrackBerry Addict

I'm on OS 6 ... a Torch 9800 ... and no I don't think RIM should do anything but get BB10 to market so that I can swap my 9800 for a BB10 QWERTY!
    Posted using my 32 gig Playbook - and 9 times out of 10, my new BB OEM mini keyboard
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    PIN
    322D4970

Quote Originally Posted by shemaree09 View Post
    I think RIM should suggest you upgrade. That's like expecting Microsoft to make some updates to Windows 98.
    Not really, Microsoft still supports XP, which is 3 versions behind 8. So I guess what the OP is saying is that RIM should still updates similar to MS and keep a few versions behind the newest one with some updates.
    In RIM we trust!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Nope, that's been RIMs problem... too much concern for supporting legacy items. RIM should just be responsible for making sure legacy products still work etc but in terms of updated UI, move to bb10.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #18  

yes exactly their update hardley changs anystuff. from a long time torch also gave us whatever it could. so lets hope for the best. BB10
    9800 powered by .749
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #19  

Quote Originally Posted by snowman888 View Post
    Nope, that's been RIMs problem... too much concern for supporting legacy items. RIM should just be responsible forr making sure legacy products still work etc but in terms of updated UI, move to bb10.
    BB10 would be quite expensive. i guess :/
    9800 powered by .749
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #20  

yes exactly their update hardley changs anystuff. from a long time torch also gave us whatever it could. so lets hope for the best. BB10
    9800 powered by .749
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #21  

all eyes on BB10 now
    9800 powered by .749
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #22  

haha.. exactly.. it wont happen ever
    9800 powered by .749
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by blue_k View Post
    Not really, Microsoft still supports XP, which is 3 versions behind 8. So I guess what the OP is saying is that RIM should still updates similar to MS and keep a few versions behind the newest one with some updates.
    Not quite. MS does not make interface changed with updates to XP as the OP is asking about for OS 6. Support for XP is relegated to mostly security issues and maybe a bug fix or two.

I'm still using a 9800 with OS 6 and would have liked at least some of the features of OS 7 - the ones that didn't need new hardware to work (like turning off the "panes", better contact editing from "out-of-app" sources). But I never expected wholesale UI changes. We do still get the occasional build update. There was one just a few months ago to build .747 - which still hasn't been properly stickied in the 9800 forum section yet (still showing only .723 as the "latest").

However, I'm now just waiting it out for BB10.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,590 Global Posts
    PIN
    Hey... Why Do You Want To Know?

Default Dont You Think RIM Should Change Something For OS6 Users?

Quote Originally Posted by blue_k View Post
    Correction:
    Just a few months ago, Microsoft no longer supports windows XP

Thanks For Reading My Post
    CrackBerry Addict

BB10 would be quite expensive. i guess :/
    yes I am also concerned. I am also hoping it won't be too expensive. Right now enjoying the Android experience and will stick to it if they price the BB 'much' above the Samsung/Sony flagship models. I shifted to Sony because 9900 being as expensive as S3 didn't make any sense to me considering its camera and battery backup
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast