lol @ people who need to use the bb that badly.
    i love mine.. but turning mine off, isnt a problem, and i do rely on emails for a good bit of things. but for my in flight entertainment.. i whip out the Ipod Touch, and watch a couple movies, on a far better screen than my pearls. if i'm planning on flying farther than that Touch's battery will last.. i plan on getting some sleep on the plane more than using my devices.

cheers
    04-25-08 02:14 AM
    No problem here in switching it off. I usually fly international long haul and like to relax and sleep during that flight, I make enough hours ( on the Berry ) anyway. So a couple of hours without being disturbed is perfect for me.

And it is so much fun when you can turn it back on once you arrive, then you see what you have missed all the time...lol...

I hope they never allow talking on the phone during flights, it is so disturbing for other people. But I see no harm in sending emails or text messages.
    04-25-08 02:58 AM
    .. i plan on getting some sleep on the plane more than using my devices.

cheers
    lmao, before i started reading your post thats EXACTLY what i thought.
    04-25-08 03:03 AM
    Go into Applications/Manage Connections and you can turn off any/all radio frequencies.
    That is perfect.. thanks That just made my day.. and yes, I am easily amused AND impressed!
    04-25-08 10:54 AM
    I dont like neither.
    04-25-08 12:28 PM
    I dont like neither.
    so you like either?
    04-25-08 02:52 PM
    Leaving your mobile phone on won't cause the plane to crash. It can just might set off the alarm due to interference in the radio communication between pilots and the ATC Towers. They are most likely to divert to the nearest airport to find out what the problem is. Instead of ditching unnecessarily in the sea or something stupid.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-14-10 09:15 AM
    I turn the radio off on my phone when I fly and listen to mp3's and play games. It is a nice break from email, texts and calls.

My irritation is the fact that when I get to where I am going, the local time is not reflected on the home screen of the device. You would think that there would be an option to show the device time or network time on the main screen so you knew what time it was while you are in a different time zone!
    04-14-10 11:04 AM
    Haha this is soo true. I had a trip to Taiwan a couple weeks ago and I keep thinking about all my messages and BBMs that I was missing on my 14 hour flight :/

04-14-10 11:46 AM
    You can select the manage network icon and just turn the network off. And just leave it on. I think this kills all signal till you reactivate the network. Anyone know for sure?.

Last edited by Albeewon; 04-14-10 at 11:51 AM.
    04-14-10 11:46 AM
    I'll be turning off the radio when I go flying

They ask me to turn off my iPod on planes... How can THAT bring down a plane?

Pfffft, bloody EasyJet.

ADLEN

The reason they tell you to power down iPods is so the iPod doesnt get destroyed.
    lol

You like Wiped iPods?
    I was pissed. 14 hours with a wiped iPod was lame.
    04-14-10 02:00 PM
61 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD