We don't even have 10.2 yet, so what's the point in showing off a newer version to come (in 2 years time). They always tease us with new stuff and delay it when they are done which makes it outdated even before blackberry users get it. I don't see the logic behind it. If you can't control what you offer, how can you succeed. No wonder carrier don't prioritize blackberry.
    11-16-13 08:20 AM
    It's the most effective and efficient way to test a product

Say what you will I still love my z10!
    11-16-13 08:31 AM
    I rather prefer seeing "what's in store" next than sitting here and wondering what the hell are they working on?

It atleast tells us that they're progressing and listening to their user base.
    11-16-13 08:35 AM
    We don't even have 10.2 yet, so what's the point in showing off a newer version to come (in 2 years time). They always tease us with new stuff and delay it when they are done which makes it outdated even before blackberry users get it. I don't see the logic behind it. If you can't control what you offer, how can you succeed. No wonder carrier don't prioritize blackberry.
    Don't blame Blackberry. Blame the carriers. 10.2.0.1791 has been in Canada for a while now.
    11-16-13 08:36 AM
    I agree with, OP. I'm tired of waiting for updates. Its a constant thing with BB .

10.2 should of been offered as an update for Z10 when Z30 was launched. It should have rolled out upon each regions release of the new phone.

I love how BB is always taking 2 steps forward and 1 step back.

Posted via CB10
    EchuOkan1 likes this.
    11-16-13 08:38 AM
    If you don't have 10.2 it isn't because BlackBerry didn't release it. It's because your carrier didn't push it to you. If you're going to whine at least whine in the right direction.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-13 08:40 AM
    BlackBerry definitely tends to be late with stuff.

But that's not the issue here.
    BlackBerry isn't the one telling you all about 10.2.1.
    You're reading it here on CrackBerry, an enthusiast site.
    What's wrong with knowing what's coming down the pipe?
    You don't have to read about it if you don't want to.

And it's not even really a tease.
    If you're ok with running a pre-release OS, you CAN install 10.2.1 right now.
    11-16-13 08:41 AM
    If you don't have 10.2 it isn't because BlackBerry didn't release it. It's because your carrier didn't push it to you. If you're going to whine at least whine in the right direction.

Posted via CB10
    No US carrier has rolled out 10.2 that offered the Z10.
    Only the Z30 has it on Verizon.

Clearly all carriers have not conspired to with hold said update...?

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by TheQuietRioter; 11-16-13 at 09:43 AM.
    xiaohuaxing likes this.
    11-16-13 08:54 AM

Clearly all carriers have no conspired to with hold said update...?

Posted via CB10
    10.2 is not an Update on the Z30. 10.2 is the OS all Z30's launched with.
    Verizon had two choices with Z30. Sell it with 10.2 or do not sell it at all.

It has nothing to do with US carriers and their CHOICE to withhold 10.2 from their customers.

As for the OP. Your blame is misdirected. Your claim that it will be '2 years' before the release of 10.2.1 is fictitious. BlackBerry did not 'give' us 10.2.1. It's a leak. Load it or don't. Personally I would recomend you load it, if you can.
    11-16-13 09:05 AM
    10.2 is not an Update on the Z30. 10.2 is the OS all Z30's launched with.
    Verizon had two choices with Z30. Sell it with 10.2 or do not sell it at all.

It has nothing to do with US carriers and their CHOICE to withhold 10.2 from their customers.

As for the OP. Your blame is misdirected. Your claim that it will be '2 years' before the release of 10.2.1 is fictitious. BlackBerry did not 'give' us 10.2.1. It's a leak. Load it or don't. Personally I would recomend you load it, if you can.
    I never claimed 10.2 was an update on the Z30.
    I said its only offered for Z30 with no update for 10.2 on Z10.

Posted via CB10
    pmccartney and xiaohuaxing like this.
    11-16-13 09:18 AM

Clearly all carriers have no conspired to with hold said update...?

Posted via CB10
    I have no idea what you're trying to say here.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-13 09:23 AM
    Ya. I think US is the only one who don't have 10.2 yet in North America. While the rest of the world are probably enjoying it or most likely. Blame the carriers.
    It came out in Singapore first like what, a month ago. That's on the other side of the world. I think we got it in Canada next day of the rollout.
    Not BlackBerry fault.

Sent from the best touch keyboard, the Z.
    bungaboy, Anilu7, BB10QNX and 2 others like this.
    11-16-13 09:27 AM
    I have 10.2
    Anilu7 likes this.
    11-16-13 09:29 AM
    I never claimed 10.2 was an update on the Z30.
    I said its only offered for Z30 with no update for 10.2 on Z10.

Posted via CB10
    I must have misunderstood what you were saying regarding US carriers. Sorry.
    11-16-13 09:37 AM
    I must have misunderstood what you were saying regarding US carriers. Sorry.
    Its ok. It just makes no sense to me that all US carriers that offered the Z10, are all not offering 10.2.

Seems to me it goes beyond a carrier issue. Maybe they don't have the support from BlackBerry their systems require for the updates???

Posted via CB10
    11-16-13 09:41 AM
    I agree with the OP. I'm a guy who likes me some official releases. It's frustrating to see 10.2.1 (even though I have 10.2).

On the other hand, this indeed is an enthusiastics site, so it makes sense that people talk about the newest updates and leaks.

If I was BlackBerry I'd offer OS updates over Link. I'd risk the lawsuit. Shows your committed to your customers. Could gain some positive media coverage.

Ha! Positive media coverage on BlackBerry...on what planet

Posted via CB10
    11-16-13 09:44 AM
    Its ok. It just makes no sense to me that all US carriers that offered the Z10, are all not offering 10.2.

Seems to me it goes beyond a carrier issue. Maybe they don't have the support from BlackBerry their systems require for the updates???

Posted via CB10
    Other than scale, I don't see how the US carriers 'systems' would be different than Canada's (or other countries) carriers.
    00stryder likes this.
    11-16-13 09:58 AM
    US carriers have not pushed out 10.2, because, get ready for it........NSA needs to test the software out.! the project Prism stated that BlackBerry was the toughest nut to crack, when they had "success " there was "champagne " BlackBerry closed the security breach with updates, the Carriers are obligated to provide back doors into operating system of Apple Android. Which they get. I point doubters to releases in Snowden leaked documents related to this. There was even an interesting chat that took place between an ex chief of the NSA and an employee of Apple, whereby the chap from Apple was telling the ex chief, "we have over 400 000 apps" and the ex chief turns to his wife and said "over 400,000 ways to enter". BlackBerry updates are a problem for US carriers since, as they(BB) continually closes any breaches through software updates it's become a "security " issue.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-13 10:04 AM
    Unfortunately, it is precisely a carrier issue. Apple can push updates because they have the carries by the throat. Even Google can push updates only to Nexus devices. All other companies, e.g., HTC, Motorola, Samsung, BlackBerry, LG, etc., are at the mercy of the carries.

So, blame the carriers. Or, even better, install a leak or an official release sent out to other international carriers. It is quite easy and actually a fun nerdy activity! Or, jump ship to Apple or Nexus if that makes life easier.

Verizon Q10 with 10.2 :-)
    Last edited by clickitykeys; 11-16-13 at 10:27 AM.
    00stryder and KemKev like this.
    11-16-13 10:07 AM
    10.2 is official here, sorry about your carrier

Posted via CB10
    11-16-13 10:14 AM

Posted via CB10
    In addition to what was said above, the two are not necessarily married to one another. The Q10 launched with 10.1 in the US because it had to (hardware keyboard support) and the Z10 didn't receive the update until several weeks to a month or two later. You have to look at each device in isolation when it comes to OS updates pushed by the carrier, because that's exactly how they treat every single one of them.

Apple has spoiled us far too much, lol.

Posted via CB10
    bbweapon likes this.
    11-16-13 10:14 AM
    Unfortunately, it is precisely a carrier issue. Apple can push updates because they have the carries by the throat. Even Google can push updates only to Nexus devices. All other companies, e.g., HTC, Motorola, Samsung, BlackBerry, LG, etc., are at the mercy of the carries.

So, blame the carries. Or, even better, install a leak or an official release sent out to other international carriers. It is quite easy and actually a fun nerdy activity! Or, jump ship to Apple or Nexus if that makes life easier for you.

Verizon Q10 with 10.2 :-)
    I'll install the leak when it actually allows me to do so. The website doesn't load for me.

Why would I jump ship when I've used BlackBerry exclusively for 9 years??

Why does everyone think its so cool to be rude around here?

CB used to be a pleasant place to chat.
    Now its just a bashing game for everyone.

Seriously starting to hate this place.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-13 10:18 AM
    Ya. I think US is the only one who don't have 10.2 yet in North America. While the rest of the world are probably enjoying it or most likely. Blame the carriers.
    It came out in Singapore first like what, a month ago. That's on the other side of the world. I think we got it in Canada next day of the rollout.
    Not BlackBerry fault.

Sent from the best touch keyboard, the Z.
    The UK just got it recently too.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-13 10:22 AM
    I'll install the leak when it actually allows me to do so. The website doesn't load for me.

Why would I jump ship when I've used BlackBerry exclusively for 9 years??

Why does everyone think its so cool to be rude around here?

CB used to be a pleasant place to chat.
    Now its just a bashing game for everyone.

Seriously starting to hate this place.

Posted via CB10
    I agree that it's less fun around here, but I don't think that particular member was trying to be rude to you. In fact, his post seemed to be suggesting possible solutions to your frustrations with OS releases. I'm just sayin'...

Posted via CB10
    clickitykeys and mnc76 like this.
    11-16-13 10:28 AM
    I have the official 10.2 for 2 weeks or more... what's your issue?

Posted via CB10
    11-16-13 10:30 AM
164 123 ...