If this has been addressed already, then I apologize; I tried searching but came up with nothing useful. Basically, I have seen, in several places, people commenting that you should not perform a battery pull when your BB is "off". Is there a reason for this? Is it just not "recommended"?

TIA
    05-17-09 04:21 PM
    It won't have the same, helpful effect of performing the battery pull with the device on. FYI, when someone tells you to perform a battery pull, 100% of the time they're talking about with the device on.
    05-17-09 04:23 PM
    RIM says to have the device ON, i read this in the RIM troubleshooting guide ...
    05-17-09 04:23 PM
    It won't have the same, helpful effect of performing the battery pull with the device on. FYI, when someone tells you to perform a battery pull, 100% of the time they're talking about with the device on.
    +1 to this per RIM's own troubleshooting guide
    05-17-09 04:24 PM
    Thanks. I don't often find myself needing to do a battery pull. This is just one of those general questions out of curiosity.
    05-17-09 04:24 PM
    Do a battery pull when you have a memory leak or something or if your having aproblem with an app

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-17-09 04:41 PM
    Do a battery pull when you have a memory leak or something or if your having aproblem with an app

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Yes, I already know. I was just curious about what was so bad about doing it with the phone "off". Thanks.
    05-17-09 04:47 PM
    Yes, I already know. I was just curious about what was so bad about doing it with the phone "off". Thanks.
    There might not be anything wrong with doing it with the phone off, but with the phone on is what RIM recommends and following their instructions has worked for just about everyone.
    05-17-09 04:49 PM
    got it.

10 characters
    05-17-09 05:17 PM
    got it then didnt know it either
    05-19-09 10:25 PM
    its weird because when something goes wrong with my phone, i take the battery off with the phone on and reboot it, but the phone then ends up having even more problems...and i try with the phone off, and it works fine :S
    05-20-09 02:16 AM
    its weird because when something goes wrong with my phone, i take the battery off with the phone on and reboot it, but the phone then ends up having even more problems...and i try with the phone off, and it works fine :S
    That is odd. Normally it is the other way around. As long as if fixes your berries issues!
    05-20-09 02:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD