Hello ,

I am very new on here and have recently got my first blackberry , a bold however there is a problem with the backlight/screen and basically it goes off randomly- sometimes while i am actually doing something and doesn't come on again for a bit.
    Anyway i have spoken to O2 and they said send it back which is fine except that I have already purchased some themes and applications for it. Am i right to think that if i hang on to the memory card and put it into the replacement bold , everything will be ok? If not is there anyway I can avoid buying these apps etc again?

Mary
    04-09-09 10:04 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry Mary.

there is a problem with the backlight/screen and basically it goes off randomly ...
    I suspect you are seeing the automatic backlight screen in action. It can be adjusted to keep it active longer, but that uses more battery power.

A quick test, after it has gone dim, cover the LED (activity light) for a few seconds. That should activate the screen and keyboard backlights.

You can adjust the settings at: Options / Screen/keyboard.

Am i right to think that if i hang on to the memory card and put it into the replacement bold , everything will be ok? If not is there anyway I can avoid buying these apps etc again?
    No, it does not work that way.

Your media card is only used for media files and saved data. Programs are all installed in the Bold's internal memory.

There is a way to preserve your third party software, it is complicated but a lot simpler then starting from scratch.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/upda...updated-53201/
    04-09-09 10:14 AM
    Hey , thanks for link i will check it out .

I have adjusted the backlight to stay on longer , but it still goes off randomly,literally as i am typing texts and emails ,and then i have to wait a while before i can get it back. It shouldnt go off while you are physically using the phone and typing should it?
    04-09-09 10:22 AM
    Are you sure the backlight is turning off completely and not just dimming? There's a setting in the Screen/Keyboard Menu where you can choose to turn off the dimming feature.
    04-09-09 10:27 AM
    calls come through n i don't hear them.if anyone know how to help me with it, just hit me up
    04-09-09 06:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD