My husband has his work email set up to be received on his blackberry. He has not received any on the device since Saturday.

How do I check to see if the email is working properly or not? The icon is showing on the blackberry but when I enter it says no messages.

Hope you can help.
    09-22-08 05:31 PM
    have you tried sending yourself an email .. ?
    09-22-08 05:37 PM
    My husband is getting his work email on his computer yet nothing shows up on his blackberry. So new ones are being received to the work email.

any other ideas
    09-22-08 08:07 PM
    have you reset the BB by pulling the battery out then back in?
    09-22-08 08:33 PM
    I'm having this exact same problem on my curve. It happened Sat as well. Let me know if you figure anything out. The battery pull didn't work for me, hopefully your results are different.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-22-08 09:29 PM
    Same deal starting early Saturday I am no longer getting my web outlook company emails. Service books go through fine...pulling out the battery didn't help. What gives?
    09-23-08 06:54 AM
    Try uninstalling facebook, we think it may be an issue to do with the update on email but let your tech support know if this works so that RIM realise there is an issue. I was without email for 48hrs, on rapid battery drain and not receiving email until I removed facebook.

Fingers Crossed!
    09-23-08 07:10 AM
    I don't have facebook but thanks for the suggestion!
    09-23-08 07:13 AM
    Can you remove any other 3rd party apps?

Can you do a list of what is and isn't working on your phone?

Also can you send emails and does the BB internet work?
    09-23-08 07:16 AM
    Absolutely nothing else is wrong with anything else on my phone...my other 2 email acocunts work fine, I haven't added anything to my phone, and service books go through fine...it's very strange that this one email account is no longer getting emails!
    09-23-08 07:53 AM
    And I cannot send emails from that account, and yes the internet works.
    09-23-08 07:55 AM
    ah ok, that looks to be a particular problem with that email account, you say it's your company web outlook, have you tried asking tech support to reinstall the email account?
    09-23-08 08:11 AM
    I asked if they had made changes to the server...still waiting to find out. My buddy at work also had the same problem with the same 8830 and Verizon...he pulled the battery and it started working again about 45 minutes later. I'll pull mine again and see if I get lucky. Thanks again for your help!
    09-23-08 08:16 AM
    try this. go to settings-security options-firewall-then enable blackberry internet service see if it can work.

thank u.
    Claude
    09-23-08 08:23 AM
    let see if it works then i will be happy that i helped u.
    09-23-08 08:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD