I just bought Garmin Mobile on line. I checked my bank statement and sawe that they charged me twice. I called Garmin Mobile and spoke with a gentleman named COTE in the Mobile phone department. He was less than excited to be talking with me and he told me to fax them a copy of my statement whn I get it and they will investigate the matter. WTF!!!! This was after he confirmed the double charge. DO NOT BUY GARMIN MOBILE THE CUSTOMER SERVICE IS AWEFUL.
    08-11-09 12:31 PM
    I would call back and speak with someone different and see if they can't help you. If not, ask for a supervisor. Escalate that ish

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-11-09 02:56 PM
    DO buy Garmin Mobile. It's the best mobile GPS out there in my opinion and MUCH cheaper than a carriers GPS app (like Verizon's VZ Nav) when you account for how quickly $10 a month ads up. The company has been great for most and the customer service I experienced when I changed phones and had the app moved over was fantastic. The OP just had a bad experience. Maybe the person he talked to just had their dog run over and was in a bad mood.
    08-11-09 03:03 PM
    There could be several reasons for a double charge (like double-clicking on the button to order), or an error during the transaction. It will be an easy fix once they look at the charge and verify that they truly did receive a double-charge.

Sometimes, online transactions can show a double charge when a verify is run first (prior to the actual charge). A hold is placed on the funds, and sometimes those show up as a double charge until it is actually processed. When that happens, the "hold" disappears from your account in a few days and the funds show up in your account as they normally would. I've seen this happen a few times when I make online purchases. It looks like two charges have gone through, but once it is completely processed, only one actually went through.

If you have provided information to Garmin and they cannot find the duplicate charge, or they don't issue a refund on the duplicate charge, notify your bank and provide a copy of the transactions. They will issue a chargeback for the duplicate charge.

Duplicate charges are easily reverse. You just might need to be a tiny bit patient with the process.

As far as the Garmin Mobile software goes, it is very good. It does have a few things that could be better (like a shortcut to show you what the road avoidances are, or quick access to POIs from the map). But as far as the navigation software itself, I find it extremely useful and very accurate.
    08-11-09 04:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD