Found this on cnet not long ago, saying the dtek 50 and a list of other devices are not a good buy. https://www.cnet.com/news/dont-buy-t...hones-roundup/

Posted via CB10
    11-30-16 01:42 AM
    I must be getting old, because all those phones look near-identical to me.

We are truly awash in a sea of sameness.
    anon(8080272) and ominaxe like this.
    11-30-16 01:49 AM

Same glass, same guts, same software... :-(

�   "BB10 dead?" - "Let's dance the Danse MacaBBRY! ... or is it..?" ;-D   �
    ominaxe likes this.
    11-30-16 04:19 AM
    They didn't like the camera, which is practically the only differentiating factor between phones these days. So, yeah, of course they're gonna say don't buy it.
    11-30-16 05:45 AM
    Yep, that was one of the worst, most biased reviews I have ever read. Spun the BlackBerry security features look like a negative point of the phone and then focused (pun intended) on the low light performance of the camera and compared the $299 dtek50 to the $735 Samsung ( current Canadian Amazon prices) as if they should be the same.

Anyways I have a dtek50 and it is way better than cnet makes it out to be. I would recommend this product.

Posted via CB10
    11-30-16 06:58 AM

You would be correct sir.

Posted via CB10
    11-30-16 06:59 AM
    I have always taken these online device reviews with a grain of salt, most the critics are given a free device to write a review and I have found that most of the Blackberry device reviews are done by folks who have only used an IOS or other Android device and never have used a OS10 or older Blackberry themselves!!!
    syclone1978 and IndianTiwari like this.
    11-30-16 07:17 AM
    I have always taken these online device reviews with a grain of salt, most the critics are given a free device to write a review and I have found that most of the Blackberry device reviews are done by folks who have only used an IOS or other Android device and never have used a OS10 or older Blackberry themselves!!!
    DTEK50 is Android... so they ought to be able to "rate it".

Problem with the DTEK50 is at that price point (at time reviewed) there are/were "better" Android devices (there are a host of mid range devices for $300 or last years flagships). The only real reason to go with the DTEK50 is 1) Big BlackBerry Fan, or 2) you "feel" that it offers a level of Privacy that you need over the other devices. Neither of those are on most reviewers checklist of features.

The DTEK60 is a different matter.....
    zephyr613 likes this.
    11-30-16 07:34 AM
    The problem is not so much the disk 50/60 as the competition.

You could pick up a ZTE axon mini for 199 during the black Friday sales.
    11-30-16 09:17 AM
    Found this on cnet not long ago, saying the dtek 50 and a list of other devices are not a good buy. https://www.cnet.com/news/dont-buy-t...hones-roundup/

Posted via CB10
    And you are basing this on a CNET review, maybe someone who got a demo and used it for 30 minutes .

This holds a lot of weight
    11-30-16 09:24 AM
    11-30-16 09:31 AM
    I agree, they're not suited for an actual BlackBerry review.

 BlackBerry Passport SQW100-3/10.3.2.2876 AT&T
    11-30-16 09:38 AM
    They gave a great review for the DTEK 60, I guess you will also write that off.

Posted via CB10
    11-30-16 09:57 AM
    They gave a great review for the DTEK 60, I guess you will also write that off.

Posted via CB10
    Because all they care about there are specs, so that's not unexpected.

The security component of the DTEK60 was equally ignored.
    11-30-16 10:48 AM

And I still haven't seen even an unboxing video of dtek50/60 on crackberry's youtube channel let alone the review. Talking about the people who know the security aspect of the phone.

The Living legend Babbu Maan.
    11-30-16 11:19 AM
    And I still haven't seen even an unboxing video of dtek50/60 on crackberry's youtube channel let alone the review. Talking about the people who know the security aspect of the phone.

The Living legend Babbu Maan.
    Crackberry has a full review. There are loads of pictures of the device online. You need to see the box?
    11-30-16 11:41 AM
    I agree with you 100 percent Ronald .
    11-30-16 02:04 PM
    I mean I know Crackberry reviews are really biased but at least they have some idea about technology

Cnet is just plain rubbish.
    If you use them for any kind of technological advice then you should maybe think about not using technology
    12-05-16 10:56 AM
    For what it's worth this phone (DTEK50) is worth it at full. At $300 you can get mid to somewhat bordering high quality phone. When I got my Samsung Galaxy Core LTE from Virgin Canada. It was worth $300 and it was still running KitKat. Come on. For a extra $130 more I can get a high quality phone with regularly updated software not updates for flagships like what Samsung or other manufacturers do. Nothing is perfect and that's okay. But this phone is worth the money for people with budgets. Not everyone can spend $1000 (CAD) for the Google Pixel.
    12-08-16 12:12 PM

And it is still true. If I want to use BlackBerry Android, I will get DTEK60, not DTEK50. Care about price difference? Wait for a price fall. Someone needs a DTEK device ASAP? Maybe just exceptional cases.

Posted through my  Z30
    12-08-16 04:15 PM