Its like explaining smart to dumb. They dont get it. I mean if you watch a conference for BlackBerry, you may be able to see why its better than the iphone and android. All I hear is from iphone fans and very few android fans:

"Why are you trying to be different from the crowd? Just get an iphone"
    "I didnt even know they exist still"
    "Our corporate company all have iphones so doesnt mean BlackBerry is for security"

But then the open minded people say (just android fans):

"I can see why I would get a phone like that. It would be perfect for reading kindle books and using word, powerpoint and excel"
    "Its a beautiful device, I would get one but im on contract, where do they sell it?" (unfortunately att hadnt released the passport yet so the only way was to buy it up front at $650.00)

We will just have to wait for BlackBerry to boost their marketing campaign or wait for their turnaround..

Posted via CB10
    TCB on Z10 and Sulaco757 like this.
    05-02-15 01:13 PM
    I stopped long ago because BlackBerry themselves don't do anything to help themselves. Not my job to sell their stuff or explain them either.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-15 01:41 PM
    I stopped long ago because BlackBerry themselves don't do anything to help themselves. Not my job to sell their stuff or explain them either.

Posted via CB10
    This.

Posted via CB10
    edwinsberry and Savior4Life like this.
    05-02-15 01:50 PM
    Google it. That's all you got to say lol.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-15 01:51 PM
    When somebody asks when will you get an iPhone I think a good response is "when your Mom buys me one"

Posted via CB10
    05-02-15 01:55 PM
    I totally understand what you are saying about the typical Apple and Android user and how they relate to BlackBerry. What I find most interesting is that most of the iPhone users I know don't even know how to use their own devices to its potential. Now, add an iWatch to the mix and ask them what time it is...

BleedBlk-
    will308, CDM76, muellerto and 9 others like this.
    05-02-15 01:58 PM
    "Why are you trying to be different from the crowd? Just get an iphone"
    Answer: "Why are you so insecure that you feel you have to be like everyone else and you don't even know why? I don't "just get an Iphone" because they suck".

"I didnt even know they exist still"
    Answer: "I'm sorry to hear you're so out of touch". Must be you don't get the internet on that i-thingy. But looks like you've got some neat games on it." (try to be as sarcastic as possible...)

"Our corporate company all have iphones so doesnt mean BlackBerry is for security"
    Answer: "Just because your particular company has iphones doesn't mean BlackBerry isn't secure, or even more secure. It just means your company doesn't care as much about security and efficiency as about matching what their 13 year old daughters carry. That's their choice. Mine is different."
    donemt, Aju, Ealaionta and 9 others like this.
    05-02-15 02:14 PM
    When I find the need to explain Blackberry to others, I would say Blackberry is about software. If it is hardware you are after, then you will be better off with something else. But this is way to much, so I simply say there is nothing that would interest you.
    05-02-15 03:11 PM
    When I find the need to explain Blackberry to others, I would say Blackberry is about software. If it is hardware you are after, then you will be better off with something else. But this is way to much, so I simply say there is nothing that would interest you.
    BlackBerry only offers smartphones so of course they'd be better off with something else 90% of the time. To say there's absolutely nothing they can offer in hardware is an outright lie.

Posted via CB10
    rarsen likes this.
    05-02-15 04:19 PM
    My god look at some of the responses in this thread. No wonder people run from BlackBerry.

Z30something
    05-02-15 04:23 PM
    Do you people push everything you like on other people? Car brand, beer, restaurants you like? What does it matter?

Z30something
    05-02-15 04:24 PM
    Do you people push everything you like on other people? Car brand, beer, restaurants you like? What does it matter?

Z30something
    Good thing for me is that people actually ask me. Even then I find it hard to push BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    05-02-15 04:34 PM
    I usually respond saying, "BlackBerry is okay by me and suits my needs, I'm glad I can still buy what I want." I've taken out of trips with people before where sometimes the signal wouldn't be strong, and the androids, and iphones would usually have a low battery and no outlet, so I'd start up my map app I'm using, hook up with the driver, and we would arrive safely to our destination.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-15 04:44 PM
    My god look at some of the responses in this thread. No wonder people run from BlackBerry.

Z30something
    Makes no sense.

Z30something
    You've clearly missed the point of the thread. The OP described an Iphone person pushing what they like on other people.....not a BlackBerry person doing this. The answers are in response to those people. But you're right when you ask "what does it matter?". That's what you need to ask iphone people when they ask these ridiculous questions that you.....for some reason.....think that the BB people are asking.
    TCB on Z10, CecilTsunami and mnc76 like this.
    05-02-15 04:54 PM
    The one that's needs to explain what Blackberry is, is Blackberry themselves by promoting the brand again.

Here is the USA the brand is all but dead and most folks I show my Blackberry to and/or ask about the brand tell me the company is out of business and nobody uses those things anymore.

I know everyone has heard this before, but I find I very difficult to try and show my Blackberry off or promote the brand knowing the response I am going to get!

Those folks up there in Waterloo need to let folks know they are still around? Based on what I have seen here, it's, Who is Blackberry??
    05-02-15 05:27 PM

Z30something
    Ummm... chillax... nobody is pushing anything on anybody. Where is this inferred? So much extrapolation on this site. Right now it is you doing the lecturing here.

The fact of the matter, if others here have the same experience as myself, it is I that typically gets accosted by unsolicited advice from some random sheep asking why I don't get an iPhone. Unbelievable sometimes actually. I usually reply that my BlackBerry only cost $200 and I can't afford one and leave it at that.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-15 05:30 PM
    Makes no sense.

You've clearly missed the point of the thread. The OP described an Iphone person pushing what they like on other people.....not a BlackBerry person doing this. The answers are in response to those people. But you're right when you ask "what does it matter?". That's what you need to ask iphone people when they ask these ridiculous questions that you.....for some reason.....think that the BB people are asking.
    I've never, ever had an "iPhone person" ask me anything about my phone choice.

Z30something
    05-02-15 05:36 PM
    Ummm... chillax... nobody is pushing anything on anybody. Where is this inferred? So much extrapolation on this site. Right now it is you doing the lecturing here.

The fact of the matter, if others here have the same experience as myself, it is I that typically gets accosted by unsolicited advice from some random sheep asking why I don't get an iPhone. Unbelievable sometimes actually. I usually reply that my BlackBerry only cost $200 and I can't afford one and leave it at that.

Posted via CB10
    Honest question, how old are you? In 53 so maybe it's younger people doing this? It just doesn't happen in my business or personal life.

Z30something
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    05-02-15 05:37 PM
    I say: "I support Canadian companies that offer a great product."

Posted via CB10
    highos likes this.
    05-02-15 05:40 PM
    I've never, ever had an "iPhone person" ask me anything about my phone choice.

Z30something
    Uh, ok, great....thanks. Not sure what that has to do with anything. Clearly the OP has had this occurrence and that is what is being discussed.
    mnc76 likes this.
    05-02-15 05:57 PM

Z30something
    Says someone always pushing their hate on us!
    05-02-15 05:59 PM
    Uh, ok, great....thanks. Not sure what that has to do with anything. Clearly the OP has had this occurrence and that is what is being discussed.
    And I'm discussing what I've experienced. Any issue with that?

Z30something
    05-02-15 06:07 PM
    Says someone always pushing their hate on us!
    ???

Z30something
    05-02-15 06:15 PM
    And I'm discussing what I've experienced. Any issue with that?

Z30something
    Great....thanks for that. Clearly the OP has a different perspective which is what others here are discussing. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that most people with a BlackBerry have had this happen at some point, possibly multiple times. Clearly you're one of the few who.....for whatever reason....hasn't. Thanks for letting us know.

But....why would you ask if I had an issue with it?
    world saviour and mnc76 like this.
    05-02-15 06:16 PM
  25. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    I totally understand what you are saying about the typical Apple and Android user and how they relate to BlackBerry. What I find most interesting is that most of the iPhone users I know don't even know how to use their own devices to its potential. Now, add an iWatch to the mix and ask them what time it is...

BleedBlk-
    That's why most use them.(iphone) .. Level of intelligence needed to use the phone is LOW!! Lol.... smart guy that JOBS...

But that's why we don't all drive Automatic cars... Some of us enjoy driving five or six gear standard and let out minds be engaged... lol

Posted via CB10
    KingOfQwerty and RWB3325 like this.
    05-02-15 06:32 PM
117 123 ...