Okay.. my place of work won't allow personal BlackBerries on the BES for "security" reasons.

I've figured out a raw work-around by setting up a rule that whenever i get an email, it will automatically forward to my gmail account which goes directly to the bb.

It works great.. minus a couple of caveats.. i'm having trouble getting the reply-to field to show my work address. This functions great via web, but doesn't work on the bb.

Anyone find a fix for this?

Also.. i'm /close/ to getting a work around going for my calendar.. so far i auto-forward new meetings to the gmail account.. via web i can click a link and it appears on my google calendar.. and then i use google sync to sync it with my bb calendar..

It's a bit dirty, but it works..

I just can't get the meeting email on my bb to appear so i can click it to sync with google cal .. i have to be on the web.. now that i think of it.. that could be a forward setting i have at work.. i'll have to check that out tomorrow.

Oh.. we use GroupWise...

So.. all that said.. my major concern is reply to right now.. no point getting the email from work if i can't make it look like i'm sending it from work..

phew.. clear as mud?
    04-20-09 07:57 PM
    Oh good.. i've been searching for this for hours.. and it's right in BIS.. gah!
    04-20-09 08:17 PM
    I guess I am too late for you. I have the same issue with email and have done the same thing, forwarding my groupwise to a yahoo email. Accessing the BIS email settings on the net, I made my reply address my work address. So if I reply from my phone everyone will think its from my work.

The only thing you need to be careful with is sometimes when you reply keeping the original message, your forwarded email address will show in the message body. I will delete the original message prior to sending the reply to prevent that from happening.

I have no clue on the calendar stuff.

04-20-09 10:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD