I have had my BB Curve for about a week and a half and I have noticed some weird behavior. I am still getting adapted to it but some habits are hard to break.

I use my BB as a modem, and when about an hour and half passes by, it starts to restart itself without me pressing any buttons. Is this normal? Is there a setting that I can change to make this behavior stop?

It even restarte itself while it was next to me doing nothing. Is it normal for it to once in a while fee the need to restart itself or should I call technical support from my phone carrier?

Another issue is the call logging. When I go to call log, it only displayed who called but not the time, date or any other information. In order to me to see this, I have set the log to appear in my messages. My gripe with this is the fact that I want this message list to show me my new messages, not to store my call details there too. Is there anything I can do or just live with it?

am I joint nuts?
    07-06-08 02:13 PM
    My BB restarted couple of times since I had it but tht was when service from the network went down.
    I don't think that random daily restarting is normal.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-06-08 02:33 PM
    thanks, that might the case.
    07-06-08 02:35 PM
    Check your file free. Options > Status, list what is shown for File Free.
    07-06-08 02:36 PM
    Random restarts like that are usually the result of the JVM detecting a problem in memory, due to mis-behaved software. This is typically software which is the wrong version for your OS. What have you recently installed? What OS are you running? Did you delete anything from the OS?
    07-06-08 02:37 PM
    I did not delte anything from my OS. I don't even know what comprises the OS, but I have deleted anything. The only items I have installed are ringtones and wallpapers, nothing else. I've only had it for a week and a half.
    07-06-08 02:40 PM
    Status file free: 44233884 Bytes
    07-06-08 02:42 PM
    mind rebooted today on its on that was the first time.
    07-06-08 03:39 PM
    i had the identical issues with my 8120, although it restarted (or re-initialized, as called in T-Mobile jargon) CONSTANTLY...sometimes 4 or 5 times in a day...always while in important phone calls.

T-Mobile and i spent many hours and several calls to CS to resolve the issue, and they had me do several steps to wipe the phone, including installing the Desktop Manager, and using the Application Loader...all to no avail. THey sent me (UGH!) a posssibly-refurbished/possibly NEW replacement, which does not have this problem.

Go through the steps with CS, because they said a small % of the BB's out there have some 'fatal software issues' that cause the phone to behave like this.

Good Luck!
    07-31-08 09:15 AM
    Small percentage??? T-mo is great but they must have gotten ALL the defective ones and sent them my way I've been through 5 8320's because of this.

Lame!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-31-08 11:33 AM
    Mine restarts on its own if I stream video for more than an hour and a half straight. If I break it up it doesn't.
    Apparently the device has a tolerance level for how much video it can take...

Dm
    07-31-08 01:24 PM
    Mine was doing this so I swiped the memory clean. I haven't had a problem since.
    07-31-08 02:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD