just wondering
    09-16-08 11:46 PM
    sprint only offers the gps function to the best of my knowledge. no wi-fi
    09-17-08 09:49 AM
    Wifi is a hardware feature offered in several models of BlackBerry smartphones. All of them are GSM technology devices, not the CDMA technology that Sprint uses.

There is one choice. The World Edition 8820 is both GSM and CDMA enabled with Wifi.

The reason BlackBerry includes Wifi is to support Unlicensed Mobile Access (UMA). That give your phone the ability to use Wifi for Voice and Data communications. Sprint does not support UMA.

If you do select that model, you will be able to use Browser with Wifi, but none of the communications features.

09-17-08 02:54 PM
    Ok people.... here it goes! I have HTC Mogul 6800 that I'm looking to get out of. I'm interested in a BlackBerry. Here are the Blackberry's that I'm looking to get into.

The Bold 9000,BB 8320,or reluctantly the BB 8330. All of these phones are great, but only one works with my cell provider .....Sprint!
    However, the one thing that my needs require is (WiFi) The Sprint phone Blackberry 8330 does not have. Now this is where the truth comes in.....

1.) I heard that I can get WiFi loaded into the 8330

2.) I heard that I can get an unlocked Bold 9000 connected to my network if I supply the ESN and DEC Info. Also, If I got one from Canada the cdma matches Sprint

3.) This is the same thing I heard about the 8320
    There is always a way...somebody help me please!!!!
    10-17-08 02:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD