Well said Kevin. I was just thinking about how there is flash and substance for everyone at CB. We got a history lesson, a geography lesson, a Canadian border roaming warning, a marketing lecture and an international incident, and that was all just within this post. I come for the CB and stay for the BS. LOL.
    maddie1128 and bizzyqu like this.
    03-12-13 04:14 PM
    Seems to me a site dedicated to a canadian based company should be in canada. That's what gave it more credibility for me aside from the great content and often unbiased reviews. Sure that can be done from new york but i guess living in a province where so much of our population leaves because they have to to find meaningful employment, and i refused to do that and started my own business, i feel like something is lost when a sucessful business jumps ship for brighter skies. No offence intended, just my 2 cents.
    03-12-13 04:28 PM
    errrrmerrrrgeeeerrrrd! Rabble, rabble, rabble1 New York, New York! TIMES SQUARE BABY! YEEEEAAAH!

Or whatevs...uh.
    03-12-13 04:37 PM
    Igloo..scmhigloo. I upgraded to a YURT!
    03-12-13 04:38 PM
    Time for a nice cup of tea and then you can toddle off to bed and have dreams about when the sun never set on the British Empire.
    In the meantime, Kevin can scout out space in New York.
    Well isn't that condescending.

SENT FROM TAPATALK 2 - Anything I say in no way represents the view of my employer, and please do not PM me regarding account information or questions. Thanks.
    Prince_Poppycock likes this.
    03-12-13 04:39 PM
    I have heard many stories like this from both sides of the border. Sucks.
    I live between 2 bridges, we actually have codes we put on accounts to keep that from happening. I know with Bell it's RIR and RUIR.

SENT FROM TAPATALK 2 - Anything I say in no way represents the view of my employer, and please do not PM me regarding account information or questions. Thanks.
    03-12-13 04:41 PM
    Well isn't that condescending.

I know...I often wonder if he is the guy that got an az_ beating allot as a kid...then I think naww, that would be rude.
    03-12-13 04:46 PM
    03-12-13 04:50 PM
    03-12-13 04:54 PM
    It matters to me and my business. I go out of my way to purchase from companies that employ Canadian workers. I pay more, however, it has been my experience that if I do my homework I get good value for my money. One of the many reasons I buy Blackberry is because it isn't made in China. I'm a United States Marine and fought for America, so I would appreciate not being called anti American. I was born in Waterbury Conn.
    Bugmapper likes this.
    03-12-13 04:55 PM
    It matters to me and my business. I go out of my way to purchase from companies that employ Canadian workers. I pay more, however, it has been my experience that if I do my homework I get good value for my money.
    03-12-13 04:58 PM
    What does Crackberry sell that is made in America?
    03-12-13 05:12 PM
    No. It matters not a whit.
    03-12-13 05:35 PM
    Nope , it doesn't
    03-12-13 05:36 PM
    Look Kevin is an enthusiastic guy and is clearly excited about this. You are more than happy to take his info and bar files (by this I mean crackberrys giving us instagram and Netflix)
    He runs the world's biggest blackberry site and we all owe him for that.
    To be so critical bc you disagree on what is and isn't mind blowing is a slap in the face to him.
    You are always free to visit sites that do not get so personally involved in their reporting. It's these types of comments that make the forums a sometimes unpleasant experience.
    This is how Kevin makes his living and he took a risk making this his life. He will clearly care more about it than any of you.

Just go get an iphone and join the other asshats. Hater. (middle finger)
    lwaysluking and sputneek like this.
    03-12-13 06:04 PM
    It does matter in my opinion. as echoed above in this forum being able to gauge and record interaction first hand will provide insight on how the phone is being received in its first month available here in the US instead of here say from other analyst.
    03-12-13 07:06 PM
    I'm happy that CrackBerry is in NY for the USA launch, it's really good for the entire BB community IMO.
    03-12-13 07:54 PM
    I know...I often wonder if he is the guy that got an az_ beating allot as a kid...then I think naww, that would be rude.
    Never got beat up; never got "bullied" which is all the rage these days.
    And not condescending at all IF you bothered to read the entire thread. Which, of course, you didn't.
    But feel free to comment on anything even if you are clueless about the context.
    03-12-13 07:55 PM
    The entitlement and bashing in this thread is disgusting.
    Prince_Poppycock likes this.
    03-12-13 08:09 PM
    Wow...just...wow. From cell phones to business locations to hitler...all in one thread. I thought I had seen everything on CB...guess you could say this was 'mindblowing Tuesday".

On the other hand, this thread did come in handy...helped cheer me up
    ddlax22 likes this.
    03-12-13 08:16 PM
    Kevin,

You don't owe anyone in these forums or throughout the CB community an explanation. You don't need anyone's input that hasn't invested as much as you have into CB. If your instinct is to move to where it hot right now, then let your instinct drive you as it has for six years. When I spoke to Frank last year, he said that he told Thorsten he could not take the job unless he could work from NYC, specifically because he could not build a (his words verbatim) "crack marketing team" out of Kitchener. You and your team have developed CB into a globally recognized brand. BlackBerry considers you an integral partner. You and the Mobile Nations have become what I'm sure you never imagined it would be. If the time has come for Crackberry to grow with BlackBerry, then you have an obligation to move forward with that growth regardless of what anyone thinks.

Your transparency is a nice touch, but unnecessary. Even if your intentions are earnest, using this forum to weight the decision, or measure responses is somewhat irresponsible to the CB brand and hinges on the brink of trolling. You know people are polarized when it comes to BlackBerry. And from your own responses to posts in these forums at the height of BlackBerry's uncertainty last summer you know that. People visit this Site religiously everyday-- some multiple times throughout the day. Your readers have become attached not just to the content you produce about the devices, but about everything you've posted. When you go to BlackBerry World, the CB nation goes with you. They remember it as if they were there. That's a testimony to the depth of the journalism that people get from CB. Likewise, when you share your personal details, like getting engaged or growing and cutting your hair, or getting into shape--real people are really following you, and becoming emotionally invested. Stirring the pot by publicizing that you are [seriously, if you are] considering "changing the recipe" and yes, where you physically are is a part of your recipe for success, doesn't accomplish anything, except to even further polarized your followers, and inhibit the global exchange you're saying you are truly in pursuit of.

If a move of any variety is truly going to help, than you just have to do it. The move is not significant. The content coverage is. You can move to NYC in an attempt to appease American readers, but America is a big country. New York doesn't always lead the packing where the action is. You're excluding other major hubs including Houston and Dallas in Texas, Silicon Valley in California, and Atlanta, Georgia. These are the places where you're likely to encounter the richness in tech reporting you're looking for in addition to in New York. I don't know how many servers you have CB running on, and in how many hubs they're operating out of, but I'm sure you've probably moved the site from one server to another once or twice, and you didn't need the CB community's input on that.

Your question is "Does it matter to me if CrackBerry is based in NYC?" My answer is not unless you're giving me a job. Otherwise as long as the content is still rich, and so long as CrackBerry continues to be the authority on all things BlackBerry, I don't care if you're based out of Jasper, Nevada. Please keep conversations like this among yourself and your Mobile Nations people. You do a serious disservice to yourself and to your brand to alter it's public perception otherwise.
    03-12-13 10:12 PM
    Sorry for the typos. Typing on my PlayBook.
    03-12-13 10:17 PM
    The meetups are also hyped up until the point where its time to do them in my opinion. It never really happened in Toronto. I believe Zach Gilbert had a small one and a few people showed up but it was not really promoted.
    True. I didn't even know about it. And Im from Toronto. I would have gone
    03-12-13 10:49 PM
    No, but whatever makes Kevin and the CB gang happy. LOL
    03-13-13 12:09 AM
    Who needs to go out and get wasted at night? We can get wasted during the day while we blog... that's the CrackBerry way!

I kid, I kid... sorta
    Does it matter to you if CrackBerry is based in NYC?-true-story.jpg
    03-13-13 02:09 AM
223 ... 56789