If I didn't format my 4gb micro sd, and loaded info already, if I format now, will I lose what I put on the card?
    07-10-08 09:47 AM
    Yes you will. Back up whats on the card on to your PC then format and put the data back on the media card. Why are you formatting it now anyway?
    07-10-08 09:48 AM
    If you were able to load info on the card, it was already formated.
    07-10-08 09:49 AM
    my computer won't recognize it, so I can't put more info. on it in the current state. I originally loaded stuff on it, but now it won't allow me to '"open the disk"
    07-10-08 09:57 AM
    Do you have Mass Storage Mode on and enabled?
    07-10-08 10:03 AM
    yes, suddenly it just worked. I still can't get it to work on my home computer, but now I was able to transfer some new files. Go figure... THx
    07-10-08 10:09 AM
    I sometime use a card reader to put stuff on mine... Maybe you could try to run a "CHKDSK /F" on your memory card.
    07-10-08 10:12 AM
    Sorry to see this topic end. I have the same problem: I bought a new 8gb media card and put it in my BB8300. Yesterday with Media Manager I put a lot of music on it, today it has become inaccessible. My card shows in the media manager, but when I click on it nothing happens and the file window says there is no device connected. Before you ask: mass storage is On.

When I try to access the card through My Computer and click in the removable disk drive (I: in my case) I get the message "the disk in drive I: is not formatted. Do you want to format it now?" I don't dare do this as I do not know if it will format the whole of my BB!

I can access the SD Micro card through the card reader that was supplied with it, but for that I have to take out the card all the time. Any ideas anyone?
    07-10-08 11:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD