instead of a ringtone?
    07-28-08 10:53 AM
    I think you can record your voice and set that as a "ringtone." I've never done it, but I think it can be done.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-28-08 10:54 AM
    Yes if you use the voice recorder feature you can set personalized ringtones for everyone. You would have to read the name but it will work.
    07-28-08 10:56 AM
    instead of a ringtone?
    aahhh... a nokia user are we?
    07-28-08 10:59 AM
    Also try HOLLERID it works pretty good. You gotta buy it but well worth it.
    07-28-08 11:05 AM
    I like to have people make their own ringers using voice notes. It's amazing how creative people can be!
    07-28-08 11:08 AM
    I should do this. I'm sure they would be something like:

GF Calling: "Be prepared to stop at the store or she probably forgot to put something on the list"

Dad Calling: "Dad is at the pool and wants to talk about being retired while you sit in the office under flourescent bulbs"

Mom Calling: "Prepare to tell mom how the baby is doing"

Sister Calling: "If you don't have more than 15 minutes to spare, don't answer this call. Chatty Kathy is calling"

Work Calling: "Don't answer"
    07-28-08 11:15 AM

GF Calling: "Be prepared to stop at the store or she probably forgot to put something on the list"

Dad Calling: "Dad is at the pool and wants to talk about being retired while you sit in the office under flourescent bulbs"

Sister Calling: "If you don't have more than 15 minutes to spare, don't answer this call. Chatty Kathy is calling"

HA! That is so funny!
    07-28-08 11:24 AM

LMAO....

mine would go a little bit like :

BF/Hubby calling: "be prepared to know off hand what you will be doing later"

sister calling: "here comes the drama, don't pick up, let it go to voicemail"

Mom calling: "be prepared to shell out some money"

Work calling: "slowly, step away from the phone and let it go to voicemail"
    07-28-08 11:24 AM
    Wow....it worked! This is something I was hoping to get to work as well!

I went to Voice recorder, recorded a message, set as a ring tone, then went to a contact (my home number) and selected Edit, custom ring tone, hit browse (at top of list) select "voice notes" then selected the one I recorded, save!

I then called from my house phone to my BB, and voila it played the one I recorded!

Thank you to the OP for posting this question and all who answered!
    07-28-08 11:50 AM

Loved it.....way to funny!
    07-28-08 11:51 AM
    I thought I'd share a method I used in the past to create ringtones with voice. At this site (cant post urls yets so google att text speech) you can type in a some text and select a voice, then you can save it as a wav file. Then I used audacity (just google it again) a free program for editing audio files. It will allow you to mix audio together so you could overlay the voice on top of music etc...
    07-28-08 01:01 PM
    I thought I'd share a method I used in the past to create ringtones with voice. At this site (cant post urls yets so google att text speech) you can type in a some text and select a voice, then you can save it as a wav file. Then I used audacity (just google it again) a free program for editing audio files. It will allow you to mix audio together so you could overlay the voice on top of music etc...
    I wish I had time to do that sort of stuff... oh wait I have time to type this up so.......
    07-28-08 01:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD