This is my first Blackberry (Pearl 8130) and I just found this wonderful site! I have a quick question, if you don't mind...

Does keeping Bluetooth enabled all the time eat up a lot of power? I only use Bluetooth in my car, should I disable Bluetooth when I'm not in my car, or does is not really make a difference?

Thanks in advance!

~Sheri
    02-26-08 07:29 AM
    This is my first Blackberry (Pearl 8130) and I just found this wonderful site! I have a quick question, if you don't mind...

Does keeping Bluetooth enabled all the time eat up a lot of power? I only use Bluetooth in my car, should I disable Bluetooth when I'm not in my car, or does is not really make a difference?

Thanks in advance!

~Sheri
    Hi Sheri, welcome to CrackBerry!
    I leave mine on, and I can go a couple of days before I am in need of a charge. And considering all this device is capable of, and all of the constant data transfer that long on a charge is pretty good.
    02-26-08 07:44 AM
    I keep my Bluethooth enabled all of the time and it doesn't seem to drain the battery quickly. I don't use the BT ear piece very much, just when I am in the car. I'm new to BB, but the standard battery that comes with the BB seems to keep a charge far longer than my previous cell phones and any of my Palm PDAs. If you are a heavy user of talking on a BT ear piece then I suppose that it might user the battery more.
    02-26-08 08:19 AM
    if you turn the actual headset off but leave the bluetooth setting on the phone set to on...it doesnt drain that much faster...when the headset is on it is working a lot harder...

i do the same thing..i only use it when driving or on long conversations...and then i just shut off the headset..

-db
    02-26-08 08:22 AM
    i use my crackberry quite heavily and my charge only lasts 24 hours on my 8130. If i put the bluetooth on it will go more quickly. so maybe i'm just the odd-ball. Its so easy to turn the functionality on and off i dont see why not to.
    02-26-08 08:41 AM
    Thanks everyone! I don't even use the headset in the car - I just talk through the radio. I'll keep it enabled, since it doesn't sound like it makes much of a difference. I am finding though, that I have to recharge every night, and I don't consider myself a "heavy" user. Just the nature of the device, huh?
    02-26-08 09:04 AM
    Let it do a full recharge and a full discharge a few times to wear the battery in. Tooth does take up power but not MASSES of the stuff.
    02-26-08 01:29 PM
    I must charge throughout the day or I'll never make it 24 hours without BT. With BT, it drains much faster.
    02-26-08 10:03 PM
    Hey Welcome to CB and hope your question is answered.
    02-27-08 06:46 AM
    Good to know! I normally turn mine off when I'm not in the car, or using the headset, but it sounds like I can leave mine on then.
    02-27-08 09:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD