If not there must be a huge fan in the writing staff. First episode had BlackBerry phones and a PlayBook.

In the last episode I watched they were talking about a general who bad a BlackBerry with military grade encryption.

BlackBerry is presented and shown off in such a respectful way. I don't know how many people watch or pick up on it when they say the word BlackBerry but maybe instead of buying traditional ads BlackBerry should do product insets like this.

Crisis shows the logo and says the name. Can't ask for more than that.

FYI first season of TNT's Dallas a couple years back had all of the Ewing's had BlackBerry's. They were Torches and Bolds running OS7. But it was still nice.

Z30 / STA100-5 / 10.2.1.2234 / T-Mobile USA
    04-24-14 11:49 PM
    If their showing the logo and saying the name, I'd say probably yes. Every show I've seen recently always covers up a branded products logo when they show it (one example would be the Apple logo on a mac, always covered in shows I watch)
    04-25-14 01:06 AM
    If anyone has watched The Following, it is FLOODED with Windows stuff. Bing searches. Surface Pros being used by FBI (hahaha), Nokia phones. I always watch that and think, BlackBerry needs some of that.

Daily Old Radio Shows! The only Channel that actually offers you a source for entertainment. C0012487D
    04-25-14 01:26 AM
    If their showing the logo and saying the name, I'd say probably yes. Every show I've seen recently always covers up a branded products logo when they show it (one example would be the Apple logo on a mac, always covered in shows I watch)
    I know what you mean! If you see a Mac book Pro with the lighted logo and/or an identifiable iPhone - then at the end of the show in the credits it usually says promotional consideration by Apple.

In this show they did name BlackBerry by name and show the big beautiful back of the PlayBook but no mention in the credits.

Makes me wonder if it was put there by a fan. It does make BlackBerry seem very secure and professional. Like it can stand up to the CIA.

via CB10 using a Z10 / STL100-3 / RFK121LW / 10.2.1.2234 / T-Mobile USA
    Monsterlad likes this.
    04-25-14 09:28 PM
    If anyone has watched The Following, it is FLOODED with Windows stuff. Bing searches. Surface Pros being used by FBI (hahaha), Nokia phones. I always watch that and think, BlackBerry needs some of that.

Daily Old Radio Shows! The only Channel that actually offers you a source for entertainment. C0012487D
    Yep seen lots of shows with Surface pads and Bing searches. Agree with you. It's funny because in those cases the product is shown but not really talked about. In the case of Crisis they talk about secure encryption - it was really a great endorsement.

04-25-14 09:30 PM
    I'm sure they do OP. It's not like a show would be mentioning a brand up an down like that. It's called product placement...a more subtle way of advertising.
    04-25-14 09:32 PM
    I'm sure they do OP. It's not like a show would be mentioning a brand up an down like that. It's called product placement...a more subtle way of advertising.
    They should do it more.
    I especially like how secure and durable they make the phones look in this series.

ajst222 likes this.
    04-25-14 09:36 PM
    They should do it more.
    I especially like how secure and durable they make the phones look in this series.

I haven't watched the series at all, but that's product placement for sure. Any time a brand isn't covered up to look generic it will be product placement. In this case though, it seems like they're really going out of their way to show off a product. I doubt that's a coincidence and probably not one of the directors or producers being a BlackBerry fan. However, most product placement isn't that aggressive and is quite subtle, so it sounds like BlackBerry is going out of their way to get a point across in this series.
    Doggerz likes this.
    04-25-14 09:44 PM
    Good stuff! BlackBerry needs some of this.

You know, we can look at the market penetration of Mac laptops and desktops and see that it peaked at about 15% and currently sits closer to 10% these days.

But if I was an alien learning about human culture and only had television shows and movies to go by, I would assume every human being on earth used a MacBook!

Apple has been great with their product placement! Glad to see BlackBerry getting some "screen time" too

Posted via CB10
    Doggerz and ajst222 like this.
    04-26-14 12:15 AM
    I'm a little confused about product placement for Crisis. If BlackBerry was paying them for it, would they not try to make sure that the show was using up to date products?

So far aside from the obviously discontinued PlayBook, all I've seen are legacy devices.

I was thinking that the use of BlackBerry in Crisis was more because everyone who is using one is doing a job in government, or is highly concerned about security. Whatever has happened to the company, they have not lost their reputation as the secure phone.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-14 08:00 AM
    I'm a little confused about product placement for Crisis. If BlackBerry was paying them for it, would they not try to make sure that the show was using up to date products?

So far aside from the obviously discontinued PlayBook, all I've seen are legacy devices.

I was thinking that the use of BlackBerry in Crisis was more because everyone who is using one is doing a job in government, or is highly concerned about security. Whatever has happened to the company, they have not lost their reputation as the secure phone.

Posted via CB10
    I wasn't sure if one of the devices was a Q10 or not. I didn't pause enough to make a positive ID.

With the General they didn't actually show the device. Just talk about it.

Like you said, they still have the security reputation. That is pretty good.

Also you make a great point about if it was paid for by BlackBerry it seems like they'd want to mention BB10 or show a closeup of a Z10 or Z30 as the Q10 could wait be confused as legacy. Even I'm not sure what they showed, I'd have to go back and pause it. It looked like a Bold to me but could as well been a Q10.

Z30 / STA100-5 / 10.2.1.2234 / T-Mobile USA
    04-26-14 10:46 AM