Just wondering if when you buy a app what percentage goes to blackberry? Do they actually make any profit from BlackBerry world?

Z10STL100-2/10.2.0.1803
    01-18-14 11:34 AM
    30% of the app price goes to BlackBerry.

I don't know it that's enough to cover the costs incurred by running BlackBerry World.

--------------------

Pic Tagger for BB10 and PlayBook
    01-18-14 11:46 AM
    Probably, the windows store robs me of 30% of the first $ 25,000 I make then 25% after.

Good thing I only profited $11.35 so far.

Posted via CB10
    01-18-14 01:10 PM
    They should.... once the platform gets going and lots of people are buy apps, music and movies. But right now, no I doubt they are making any money on BlackBerry App world. There are cost involved in supporting, storing, processing, sharing with Carriers and delivering those paid apps, along with all of the free ones that they make nothing on. It like everything else that BlackBerry is dealing with, you need numbers to make it work.

But that said apps on BBOS were very limited and really didn't work well. I stopped buying apps for my 9650, because most impacted the devices performance too much. I have bought a number of apps on BB10 and have been very happy with them - other than the lack of headless support.

But I do wonder with all the emphasis on Sideloading and finding bar files online, if maybe the current BB10 user base is a little heavy on the piracy.

As for other content, I've bought a few on sale items. But there are better sources for movies and music out there.
    01-20-14 01:21 PM
    I actually heard from the RIJM developers that they don't make any money - even losing. Those vendors take large chunks.

They should.... once the platform gets going and lots of people are buy apps, music and movies. But right now, no I doubt they are making any money on BlackBerry App world. There are cost involved in supporting, storing, processing, sharing with Carriers and delivering those paid apps, along with all of the free ones that they make nothing on. It like everything else that BlackBerry is dealing with, you need numbers to make it work.

But that said apps on BBOS were very limited and really didn't work well. I stopped buying apps for my 9650, because most impacted the devices performance too much. I have bought a number of apps on BB10 and have been very happy with them - other than the lack of headless support.

But I do wonder with all the emphasis on Sideloading and finding bar files online, if maybe the current BB10 user base is a little heavy on the piracy.

As for other content, I've bought a few on sale items. But there are better sources for movies and music out there.
    01-20-14 01:24 PM