what i really would like is a portable device that can both record conversations and instantly transcribe them into a format that can be quickly and easily edited (the instant transcription doesn't have to be accurate) .. if the transcription can be edited by deleting or inserting more transcribed audio and if the editor permits audio playback of the transcribed file cued from places in the transcription, that would be a plus.

it would be ideal if these features can exist in a phone with a small, physical keyboard, gps. a camera, wifi, mass data storage capability and expandable memory. i almost purchased the Torch 9810 sight unseen until i realized that what i really wanted was a voice recorder + transcriber (i already have other devices for gps, photos and internet so if these features come with, that's a bonus).

does anyone know of any device/app like this on the market (i'm a complete noob when it comes to smartphones)?
    06-09-12 09:59 PM
    googlevoice works on my bold for voicemails - not the best transcription but convenient and doable. Vlingo is pretty good too (not necessarily siri) for short notes, emails and texts.
    Last edited by RunRiot; 06-09-12 at 10:33 PM. Reason: Misread op's post
    06-09-12 10:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD