Hi All, I am a Treo 650 User, I am very interested in getting a BB but would like to check if BB have the Get Mail feature which the Treo 650 Versa Mail have? I would like to have Mail to be delivered to my phone as and when i get.
    06-22-08 10:39 AM
    Ok im not quite understanding the question. Do you want the email to go directly to your device or no?
    06-22-08 10:47 AM
    I would like the mails to be delivered to my phone as and when i "activated" as i have limited data space for my subscription. For my Treo 650, i have a feature in the Versamail, where i depress the "Get" button, it would then connect and retreive the mail to my phone. Can BB do this or it has to be connected via BIS? Thanks.
    06-22-08 10:50 AM
    Blackberry devices have push e-mail, the e-mail is delivered to your device as soon as it gets sent to your mail server. Given that your BIS/BES is configured properly. There is no get mail feature, I know it's hard to understand this never having a push e-mail device. But there is no need to retrieve e-mail or get e-mail, etc.
    06-22-08 10:53 AM
    Hi my name is mario and i have the tmobile bb curve 8320 i am a little lost i cant put a ringtone for my text messages only for calls
    06-22-08 10:58 AM
    I would like the mails to be delivered to my phone as and when i "activated" as i have limited data space for my subscription. For my Treo 650, i have a feature in the Versamail, where i depress the "Get" button, it would then connect and retreive the mail to my phone. Can BB do this or it has to be connected via BIS? Thanks.
    You can't do what you want with the built-in BB mail client--it's push mail through BIS (or BES) only. If you use Gmail, you can do it with Gmail's client. You can start it, retrieve mail, then close it. Just make sure you do NOT set up your Gmail account in BIS.
    06-22-08 10:59 AM
    Hi All, thank you very much for your valuable information.
    06-22-08 11:02 AM
    Welcome, I'm sure you'll like the BB more than any Treo.
    06-22-08 11:11 AM
    i am sure...it would be a better choice...awaiting the Bold...
    06-22-08 11:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD