Hi i am new to this BB thing. I put my media max unlimited plan on my BB with out getting their BB data plans and i was wondering will they charge me Xtra for doing this?..i went on Beejive IM program and it works very nicely and im wondering will i be charged xtra for doing this.
    11-04-08 07:08 PM
    I believe you do; unless you have wifi. I have used it internationally wifi, no data charges.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-04-08 07:12 PM
    but like i did get the unlimited internet and texting is tht the same thing as "data"
    11-04-08 07:14 PM
    Unlimited Internet should be the same as unlimited data I believe but I would double check with your carrier. Browsing the web is using data so unlimited Internet should be the same.
    11-04-08 07:18 PM
    i didnt wanna pay for their xpensive BB plan so i got media max unlimited bundle and it works on the BB and im juss askin if i can still use Beejive IM with out gettin charged xtra
    11-04-08 07:24 PM
    You can browse without the BB plan huh?? Sounds like BeeJive should work fine without additional charges.
    11-04-08 07:49 PM
    I think that depends on the carrier. Your text messaging may or may not be part of your Data plan.

For example...

I have AT&T (for my business cell) and I know that they treat chat program (AIM,Yahoo Msg,Live Msg) network traffic as text messaging. I used to be on the AT&T 1500 text message plan before I upgraded to my Unlimited Texting for $20 (when I bought my BB Curve) and when I used my chat IM programs (yahoo/aol/live msg) I would see all those messages against by total messaging count.

As I mentioned above, I have unlimited messaging with AT&T and that is separate from my BB data plan entirely. Two different animals, if I dropped my BB data plan, I could still send text messages.

I also have Sprint (personal cell), if you subscribe to their Yahoo Messenger or AOL or Live Messenger, it does not go against your text messaging, but your data plan.

Clear as mud, right?
    11-04-08 08:29 PM
    I think that depends on the carrier. Your text messaging may or may not be part of your Data plan.

For example...

I have AT&T (for my business cell) and I know that they treat chat program (AIM,Yahoo Msg,Live Msg) network traffic as text messaging. I used to be on the AT&T 1500 text message plan before I upgraded to my Unlimited Texting for $20 (when I bought my BB Curve) and when I used my chat IM programs (yahoo/aol/live msg) I would see all those messages against by total messaging count.

As I mentioned above, I have unlimited messaging with AT&T and that is separate from my BB data plan entirely. Two different animals, if I dropped my BB data plan, I could still send text messages.

I also have Sprint (personal cell), if you subscribe to their Yahoo Messenger or AOL or Live Messenger, it does not go against your text messaging, but your data plan.

Clear as mud, right?
    The OP is speaking of BeeJive and not the mobile AIM etc.

BeeJive uses data.
    11-04-08 08:34 PM
    so if i have unlimited internet i wud b able to use it right cuz interneti s like unlimited data
    11-04-08 08:54 PM
    so if i have unlimited internet i wud b able to use it right cuz interneti s like unlimited data
    right..
    it's purely data..so even if you have zero sms allowances, you'd still be able to use beejive w/o worrying as long as you have unlimited data.

i don't get how bb users don't have unlimited data..
    05-21-09 03:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD