This is one thing that BUGS me about the playbook. I use "AIR Browser", "PlayCloud", & "Files & Folders" but these don't make up for the lack of a built-in file manager. There should be one baked into the OS so the various Apps can use it if you want to browse for a file ect.

BTW this file manager should also let me browse my computer from my BB Device. When I'm on my computer it's convenient being able to browse my PB files, but I would like to do it the other way too.

BTW
    Michael Smith, Product Manager at Box mentions a BB10 File Manager
    [YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=BNI5bgAICGI[/YT]
    Last edited by bbpandy; 10-01-12 at 03:28 PM.
    10-01-12 03:25 PM
    1) BB10 isn't official yet..Even though the Dev B has a lot more features, it is far from complete. Nobody (who doesn't work for RIM) knows what features will be included.

2) Why does it have to be native? There are plenty of great developers out there who can create something that will fill the gaps. I do think it should be a native app instead of an Android port, but as long as the functionality is there, what does it matter if a RIM employee developed it, or another developer?
    10-01-12 07:28 PM
    Not necessary. BB10 apps can extend their functionality using any app that can complete the task.
    Link
    10-01-12 08:11 PM
    1) BB10 isn't official yet..Even though the Dev B has a lot more features, it is far from complete. Nobody (who doesn't work for RIM) knows what features will be included.

2) Why does it have to be native? There are plenty of great developers out there who can create something that will fill the gaps. I do think it should be a native app instead of an Android port, but as long as the functionality is there, what does it matter if a RIM employee developed it, or another developer?
    It should be native because it should be built into the BB10 framework
    10-02-12 02:05 AM
    file:///accounts/1000 via the browser
    Not pretty but there.
    Additional apps can add more.
    10-02-12 02:18 AM
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who has this on their mind. I actually signed up to the forums just so I could ask this question as I have yet to see it discussed in the various BB10 topics covered on crackberry. To answer another poster's question as to why it should be a native app, my argument would be because it already is on Blackberry. The file manager on my Torch allows me to create multiple folders where I can easily sort and store the hundreds of work documents and memos I get on .pdf. When I purchased my Playbook I was shocked that the latest and greatest operating system didn't have something so basic that was already available on Blackberry smartphones. Instead all of my documents are simply grouped in "documents" and I have to scroll through a ton of them to find the one I want.... very frustrating. My view is that a new operating system should be capable of doing everything the previous one did AND MORE. Having a native file manager that allows basic functions such as sorting documents into various folders should be one of those things... especially coming from a company such as RIM that targets people in the business world. By the sounds of it, neither the Device A or B feature a native file manager and that gives me some cause for concern... Perhaps someone more in the know can correct me or at least give me hope!
    10-29-12 05:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD