Hi guys

Is anyone using their BB with Outlook Web access (OWA)?

In other words does BIS work with OWA? My IT people will not pay for or install BES and we use Microsoft exchange for email.
    11-21-07 01:45 PM
    Yep, works fine. My OWA account is one of three I have on my Curve.
    11-21-07 02:28 PM
    Mine works with OWA, but it can be blocked by your network admins.
    11-21-07 02:33 PM
    Yup me too! No problems using it here!!
    11-21-07 02:37 PM
    Mine works!!!
    11-21-07 02:49 PM
    I'm confused. OWA is just a web-based client for Exchange. As long as your e-mail admins allow POP3 or IMAP access to your company e-mail, BIS should work fine. OWA doesn't enter into it, as far as I know.
    11-21-07 03:41 PM
    rrrebo I think the issue is that Microsoft exchange isn't POP3 or Imap system and the only way to get your email (via BB) is active sync by microsft or BIS.
    11-21-07 04:45 PM
    Untrue. Exchange supports POP and IMAP, if your e-mail admins allow it to. Have you tried asking them, nicely?
    11-21-07 04:52 PM
    If your on Exchange 2007, BIS cannot integrate with OWA, yet. RIM is aware of the problem, but doesn't have a fix. If POP is enabled, then you're ok. You can always forward the email to you name@carrier.blackberry.net account.
    11-22-07 11:10 AM
    Ralarosa---how do you forward email in exchange? I tried turning on the out of office with a rule to forward email but that doesn't seem to work.
    11-22-07 11:48 AM
    I had my IT guy set up the rule. I have them turn it off if I'm on vacation. I tried the out of office and that didn't work. I don't know why.
    11-23-07 08:49 AM
    alexstjo

If you have access to your Exchange Active Directory then you can do it yourself else you will need to request this from your IT admin...

Just incase you are interested to know how its done:

1. On active directory create a new contact
    New -> Contact -> Enter any name -> Press Next -> Select Modify -> Select SMTP Address ->Enter your BlackBerry Address -> Apply -> OK -> Next -> Finish

2. Enable Forwarding
    Double click on your user account -> Click on Exchange General Tab -> Select Delivery Option -> elect Forward to and then Modify -> Enter the name of the new contact created earlier -> select Check Name -> OK -> Ok -> Apply -> OK......
    Have done this for my fellow collegues..
    11-23-07 08:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD