The article itself is them reporting on a report from another website. And clearly they have no clue what porting means. Well, I'm sure they do, they just prefer to mislead and lie. BUT, seriously, check out the 'related stories'? Can they be any more blatant?

Does Apple own CNET? More misleading 'reporting' on Blackberry.-bb-bashing-cnet.jpg
    02-21-13 09:19 PM
    I fail to see the correlation between apple and cnet. Looks like another misinformed writer IMO. *shrugs*

Don't kill my vibe using Tapatalk
    stberry, Rello, scorpiodsu and 1 others like this.
    02-21-13 09:23 PM
    I fail to see the correlation between apple and cnet. Looks like another misinformed writer IMO. *shrugs*

fail. do you see the 'related stories'? and would you tell me how they are related? ridiculous fail.
    02-21-13 09:31 PM
    fail. do you see the 'related stories'? and would you tell me how they are related? ridiculous fail.
    All of those stories were mentioned on various tech sites, right? If that's the case BGR, Technobuffalo, theverge, etc etc are owned by apple (using your logic). You guys are looking for a boogey man that doesn't exist. All the negative articles exist because of RiM's past failures. A lot of blogs are praising the Z10 (which is good in my opinion). The tide seems to be turning for RIM, maybe you should focus on that vs the negative crap.

02-21-13 09:39 PM
    now i see the obviously saw the correlation there... i thought you're mentioning the article and when u mentioned the 'related stories', one might wonder the possibility of such claim...
    LOL.
    02-21-13 09:40 PM
    All of those stories were mentioned on various tech sites, right? If that's the case BGR, Technobuffalo, theverge, etc etc are owned by apple (using your logic). You guys are looking for a boogey man that doesn't exist. All the negative articles exist because of RiM's past failures. A lot of blogs are praising the Z10 (which is good in my opinion). The tide seems to be turning for RIM, maybe you should focus on that vs the negative crap.

OK, you're right. An article on BB10 Instagram (which is patently erroneous) prompts three iPhone/Apple articles as being the most relevant. You sir, are correct.
    02-21-13 09:45 PM
    If you have a look into those stories, the reason why they're related is because BlackBerry has been mentioned or tagged as part of that topic. And they're all from within the last couple weeks.
    02-21-13 09:46 PM
    If you have a look into those stories, the reason why they're related is because BlackBerry has been mentioned or tagged as part of that topic.
    Trust me, I understand that. But, anyone who thinks those are the stories chosen as the most 'related', by any algorithm, to a BB10 Instagram app article, which is COMPLETELY WRONG, is naive. Those are planted stories, CNET is a thinly veiled advertising machine for Apple.
    02-21-13 09:49 PM
    the issue to me is not Apple or CNET.... It is the media in general... no one actually researches very much any more... at one time news was simply reporting the "facts".... now unfortunatley oppinion and rumor now masquerades as news.... If you see all the nonsense being witten about BB....most of it starts with stock analysts who are in the the "short BB" crowd....they need negativity to drive BB stock down.... thus negative articles which most times have little or no actual facts are put out on the internet.... once this happens the news wires and tech blogs pick it up ... BGR in this case and regurgitated by CNET.... from there it will become a "news story" which the public takes as facts...... as for Apple or anyone else...I do not think there is a master plan on their part... currently BB is a blip on their radar.... Outlets like BGR Gizmodo and AllthingD are heavily Apple oriented and as such will definately take shots at the competition... but being some directed campaign on Apples part.... hardly in my oppinion any ways......
    02-21-13 10:16 PM
    the issue to me is not Apple or CNET.... It is the media in general... no one actually researches very much any more... at one time news was simply reporting the "facts".... now unfortunatley oppinion and rumor now masquerades as news.... If you see all the nonsense being witten about BB....most of it starts with stock analysts who are in the the "short BB" crowd....they need negativity to drive BB stock down.... thus negative articles which most times have little or no actual facts are put out on the internet.... once this happens the news wires and tech blogs pick it up ... BGR in this case and regurgitated by CNET.... from there it will become a "news story" which the public takes as facts...... as for Apple or anyone else...I do not think there is a master plan on their part... currently BB is a blip on their radar.... Outlets like BGR Gizmodo and AllthingD are heavily Apple oriented and as such will definately take shots at the competition... but being some directed campaign on Apples part.... hardly in my oppinion any ways......
    The recent onslaught of nonsense is being led by the BBRY shorts. When there is $2 billion (with a 'B') shorted against a company, the misinformation and outright lies will flood the blogs and review sites. But CNET is way, WAY too consistently Apple for it to be anything but Apple directed. Or some people in CNET are heavy Apple investors. Right now, one of their main reviews that comes up is for the iPad mini? That thing is old and a failure, yet somehow it's on the front page? Still? And the reviews for Apple products are almost uniformly 1 or more stars more than 'real' people reviews. I not a big believer in conspiracies, but I really don't believe in hundreds of 'coincidences.'
    02-21-13 10:32 PM
    I can see what you're saying but i think its still a big stretch to say Apple owns them lol. Lets face it, Apple makes great products. You dont sell 30+ million of a product if its garbage. CNET could just have bias towards a particular product. Many sites do.

BB just needs to step their game up and keep bringing innovative capabilities to the platform and eventually with developer support, these kind of articles will disappear
    Drew808, scorpiodsu and mikeo007 like this.
    02-21-13 11:12 PM
    You dont sell 30+ million of a product if its garbage.
    Case in point. Justin Bieber Statistics | Statistic Brain Its not 30million, but proves a point. Garbage does sell.
    R Field and recompile like this.
    02-21-13 11:17 PM
    Case in point. Justin Bieber Statistics | Statistic Brain Its not 30million, but proves a point. Garbage does sell.
    I knew someone would make a post like this in reply to me lol

OK...
    1. Its not 30 Million lol
    2. Music is much different...people dont have to interact with music everyday and there is much variety of it if they do.
    3. I actually dont mind lil homie's music. He's young so its playful music. I like all types of music though (except country) so i guess we agree to disagree
    02-21-13 11:33 PM
    I knew someone would make a post like this in reply to me lol

OK...
    1. Its not 30 Million lol
    2. Music is much different...people dont have to interact with music everyday and there is much variety of it if they do.
    3. I actually dont mind lil homie's music. He's young so its playful music. I like all types of music though (except country) so i guess we agree to disagree
    If you like Justin Beiber, KILL YOURSELF! But the point still stands. If you ask most people who buy into apple why they do, they will just shoot out the typical catch phrases. "It just works" "its simple and looks great" All BB needs to do is just advertise more.
    02-21-13 11:40 PM
    That's far from a point. I'm not a fan of bieber, but I would be liar/hater if I said the kid doesn't have talent.

02-21-13 11:42 PM
    If you like Justin Beiber, KILL YOURSELF! But the point still stands. If you ask most people who buy into apple why they do, they will just shoot out the typical catch phrases. "It just works" "its simple and looks great" All BB needs to do is just advertise more.
    I'd ask whats so bad about Beiber but thats for another thread lol

I cant agree with your post though. Yes those are typical catch phrases but are they not true? There is no learning curve like there is on a Z10. There is no lack of apps. Its arguably the best looking phone on the market. How many standards has the phone set within the industry. You gotta give credit where its due IMO. BB needs to market more definitely but Ive said in other threads, I dont think they gave IOS and Android users a ton of reasons to leave their platform. BB10 is nice and as a 1.0 OS it shows a ton of potential but I think they gotta introduce more to truly rival the top dogs.

Im still getting one though

As soon as the U.S. gets it
    02-21-13 11:49 PM
    I'd ask whats so bad about Beiber but thats for another thread lol

I cant agree with your post though. Yes those are typical catch phrases but are they not true? There is no learning curve like there is on a Z10. There is no lack of apps. Its arguably the best looking phone on the market. How many standards has the phone set within the industry. You gotta give credit where its due IMO. BB needs to market more definitely but Ive said in other threads, I dont think they gave IOS and Android users a ton of reasons to leave their platform. BB10 is nice and as a 1.0 OS it shows a ton of potential but I think they gotta introduce more to truly rival the top dogs.

Im still getting one though

As soon as the U.S. gets it
    Let me pick off the point one by one.
    1. Learning curve, for all products there is a learning cruve on how to work the product. People say there isn't on on the iphone because it hasn't really changed.
    2. Lack of apps, for me, I really don't use any apps. Angry Birds- could care less, instagram- oh boy I can add a filter to the pic, Netflix- lets eat up the data plan in one epsiode, Skype- use a program to talk to people when i have a phone?
    3. Best looking phone. A rectangle with glass on the front and a shiny apple logo on the back? Most all touch screen phones look like that- minus the apple on the back.
    4. Setting standards, What standards?. It buys out other companys and use their product, case in point Siri.
    What BB needs to do is start some cut throat brutally honest ads about the compition. Show the people the problems with the other os's. Sling mud even.
    02-21-13 11:59 PM
    Let me pick off the point one by one.
    1. Learning curve, for all products there is a learning cruve on how to work the product. People say there isn't on on the iphone because it hasn't really changed.
    2. Lack of apps, for me, I really don't use any apps. Angry Birds- could care less, instagram- oh boy I can add a filter to the pic, Netflix- lets eat up the data plan in one epsiode, Skype- use a program to talk to people when i have a phone?
    3. Best looking phone. A rectangle with glass on the front and a shiny apple logo on the back? Most all touch screen phones look like that- minus the apple on the back.
    4. Setting standards, What standards?. It buys out other companys and use their product, case in point Siri.
    What BB needs to do is start some cut throat brutally honest ads about the compition. Show the people the problems with the other os's. Sling mud even.
    Yes there is a learning curve for any device but lets be real, the Iphone has the lowest learning curve. Its just that simple. Most people love that about it. I personally think I would get bored with it fast but I see why people like it.

I dont think you are the typical smartphone user. I mean, u gave a reason why u dont use 4 major apps. You and I know though that this matters to millions of people. Its the advantage that clearly has. Looks is debatable but I think you'd be hard pressed to find a lot of reviewers that dont compare looks of any phone to a iphone. What company doesnt buy other companies to integrate it into their product. I dont see what that has to do with setting a standard. BB does it as well. Jaycut gives them the video editor. Docs to go, BB Traffic, Voice recognition...none of that is solely BB.

I guess my point when it comes to standards is Apple comes to market with these ideas first and does a great job (most the time lol). What has BB really been known for for introducting first to the market lately? Screen sharing on BB10 is the one idea I can think of that is a great feature that to my knowledge no other platform has. BB needs more of this in my opinion. A lot of features that things like IOS and Android are missing in BB10. Until its fixed, articles like this will keep popping up is all im sayin...
    02-22-13 12:21 AM
    @vzinside. YOU don't like JB, YOU don't use any apps. I'm starting to see a pattern here! I can understand why your upset, but hang in there, some people are predicting that the earth is going to suddenly change direction of rotation, and if your lucky, at that point it WILL revolve around you!
    02-22-13 12:23 AM
    Well the iphone has the "lowest" learning curve because it is based off tec that is going on 6 years old. And when was the last truley innovative Apple idea? making it bigger or thinner is not innovation. And when apple tries to do their own thing, it's a distaster, i.e. apple's new map program. It was unusable for how long? And honestly if Netflix and instagram are deal breakers for you, the an BB is not the device for you. The truth hurts, but BB is at heart a communations device. And for the communations, it's all there and the has always been the best in town. And if you say that I am not a "typical" smartphone user because I don't want a toy, well then so be it. I use my smartphone to get things done, not play games or look cool.
    BKbehave and R Field like this.
    02-22-13 12:41 AM
    @vzinside. YOU don't like JB, YOU don't use any apps. I'm starting to see a pattern here! I can understand why your upset, but hang in there, some people are predicting that the earth is going to suddenly change direction of rotation, and if your lucky, at that point it WILL revolve around you!
    Nice personal attack there. What's next? Calling me a Nazi? Nice job. All you're posts are trolling, now go to bed and let the grown ups have a discussion. If you don't get your sleep, you'll be cranky for middle school tomorrow.
    02-22-13 12:45 AM
    Well the iphone has the "lowest" learning curve because it is based off tec that is going on 6 years old. And when was the last truley innovative Apple idea? making it bigger or thinner is not innovation. And when apple tries to do their own thing, it's a distaster, i.e. apple's new map program. It was unusable for how long? And honestly if Netflix and instagram are deal breakers for you, the an BB is not the device for you. The truth hurts, but BB is at heart a communations device. And for the communations, it's all there and the has always been the best in town. And if you say that I am not a "typical" smartphone user because I don't want a toy, well then so be it. I use my smartphone to get things done, not play games or look cool.
    You are right, a BB at heart is a communication device...but where has being just a communication device with no apps gotten them? A stock price that dipped as low as $7, dwindling user base, and a hardware business that isnt making them money. When I say i dont think you are a typical smarphone user, im not trying to insult u but when mobile games are making more revenue than games for mobile consoles (Mobile gaming revenue analysis: surpass portable console games | BGR), i dont think you are. Now with that being said, Im not saying that you/anyone wants a "toy" because they want apps....I personally think thats ridiculous to say. Im more saying that people expect more out of their smartphone nowdays. I know I do. I want a device that I can not only play games on, but also "get stuff done".

Keep in mind too that that there are PLENTY of people in here who would argue you can get stuff done just as easily on other "toy" devices as you can a BB (Rickroller, MartyMcfly, qbnkelt, richardat, pantlesspenguin are just a few off the top of my head.. lol). Im glad they're great at communication but they cant be a one trick pony. The competition has passed that. I want BB to do well. Ive been using a BB for easily 8 years, but ive given them too many opportunities. If the Z10 doesnt do everything I need it to, then i'm willing to try something else to see if it fits my needs. We obviously differ on opinions when it comes to Apple but if you feel that strong about Apple, I almost wanna ask you what you feel about BB because they haven't introduced anything new and exciting in years (excluding BB10.....to an extent...)
    02-22-13 01:11 AM
    You are right, a BB at heart is a communication device...but where has being just a communication device with no apps gotten them? A stock price that dipped as low as $7, dwindling user base, and a hardware business that isnt making them money. When I say i dont think you are a typical smarphone user, im not trying to insult u but when mobile games are making more revenue than games for mobile consoles (Mobile gaming revenue analysis: surpass portable console games | BGR), i dont think you are. Now with that being said, Im not saying that you/anyone wants a "toy" because they want apps....I personally think thats ridiculous to say. Im more saying that people expect more out of their smartphone nowdays. I know I do. I want a device that I can not only play games on, but also "get stuff done".

Keep in mind too that that there are PLENTY of people in here who would argue you can get stuff done just as easily on other "toy" devices as you can a BB (Rickroller, MartyMcfly, qbnkelt, richardat, pantlesspenguin are just a few off the top of my head.. lol). Im glad they're great at communication but they cant be a one trick pony. The competition has passed that. I want BB to do well. Ive been using a BB for easily 8 years, but ive given them too many opportunities. If the Z10 doesnt do everything I need it to, then i'm willing to try something else to see if it fits my needs. We obviously differ on opinions when it comes to Apple but if you feel that strong about Apple, I almost wanna ask you what you feel about BB because they haven't introduced anything new and exciting in years (excluding BB10.....to an extent...)
    When it comes to a phone, I need security, and ease of use, compability for my job, a map that works, and a simple browser. I don't need new and exciting. I am going to give the z10 a shot, but if it doesn't work for me, I have no problems going back to my 9930 and selling it on ebay. And with the BGR article, we all know that they are anti-blackberry in every way. Just because one game sells well doesn't mean that it will be taking over. And lets not forget that Apple was selling at 13 doller at one point.
    02-22-13 01:24 AM
    all those stories got posted here on CB also, but i understand what you're saying, if you see all the related stories it looks like a direct attack to BlackBerry !!
    02-22-13 01:31 AM
    Everyone who goes on and on about 'shorts' and media bias against BlackBerry has just never owned the Z10. If you roll with it for a while you can see why people might be pessimistic at the moment. It has great potential, but at the moment it doesn't really do anything particularly well apart from looking cute.
    If this device was released as is in the States it would sink like a rock.
    The rest of the world is being used as a beta service, its the PlayBook all over again.
    I can only hope this has a better ending.
    Where there's smoke, most of the time, there's fire.
    The people who were misleading everyone were people uber hyping the Z10 as mind blowing prior to launch.
    It's a cute toy, but nothing more, at least not yet.
    ILoveiPad and pillswoj like this.
    02-22-13 02:23 AM
78 123 ...